• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern August Rush 2020

Mid to upper 90"s tomorrow, no rain, lower DP's and gusty west wind.....yep should just about be the nail in the grass coffin
Not going to lie if we miss out on significant rain from the tropics it might be a while not much really jumps off the page going forward.

This summer has been really tame temperature wise. I don’t think we have topped 95 once. Last year though the hottest days of the year were in Aug,Sept, and it was 100 in October, so let’s wait and see.

This summer has been really tame temperature wise. I don’t think we have topped 95 once. Last year though the hottest days of the year were in Aug,Sept, and it was 100 in October, so let’s wait and see.
Been as high as 98 in CHA, with many plus 75 lows.. not exactly tame. June was nice, July was oppressive.

We have had a ton of rain here, so I suppose that has helped. Humidity has been horrible though.
Yeah, CHA has missed a lot of rain chances due to the unpredictability of Summer thunderstorms.. So many hit to the north and south of us in the past 2 weeks. Frustrating. We're dry as a bone really here in the Chatt Metro.

Not going to lie if we miss out on significant rain from the tropics it might be a while not much really jumps off the page going forward.
I think we will get some beneficial rains from it but I don't like the narrow swath of precip the models are showing with it. I mean taken literal, a 50 mile shift either way on the 3k NAM means the difference in 2-4 and just enough to settle the dust.

Favorite time of the year in terms of anticipation as we start to pick up on subtle changes in the next few weeks. Of course we will probably get rampant heat until mid September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77 here today! I just want to say thanks for putting up with me , and letting me come back! I try to be good! ?
Also, Happy Birthday to the biggest weenie, outside of BT, Tarheel1. ?

Interesting AFD from Blacksburg on more tornadoes today after the one yesterday just north of here

Back