• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Arid August

Wasn't sure where to put this but this is a term I haven't seen in the forecast discussions before (GSP). A "Crosser":
"Any lingering
cloud debris should dissipate by the early afternoon and allow for
the atmosphere to adequately destabilize to go along with 15-25
kts of effective bulk shear, which favors a "crosser" MCS. All
indications is that the marginal risk for severe weather over the
CFWA for today and tonight is well placed for damaging straight-line
winds."

Storms died before they got here, but it did cool off some. We did get plenty of rain Tuesday evening though and may get more later tonight if the MCS in Kentucky holds on and makes the turn southeast.

August isn’t a terrible month. Grass slows down by the 15th and doesn’t need cutting as often no matter how much rain. Sun angle is dropping and it hurts less to be out in it. About a 1 in 3 shot I’ll be pulling out a light jacket or long sleeve for the Southern 500 Labor Day Weekend based off the past decade. Dropping into the mid to low 60s with lower humidity feels positively autumnal after months of heat.

August isn’t a terrible month. Grass slows down by the 15th and doesn’t need cutting as often no matter how much rain. Sun angle is dropping and it hurts less to be out in it. About a 1 in 3 shot I’ll be pulling out a light jacket or long sleeve for the Southern 500 Labor Day Weekend based off the past decade. Dropping into the mid to low 60s with lower humidity feels positively autumnal after months of heat.
I’ll take August over July any day. Sun is less intense and we are close to fall. Nights are usually a little cooler later in the month. And it’s the start of football season. Plus the tropics are usually fun to track.

pretty different from those high noon starts

88/79 at 9am......good times

You think this dew-point sensor is right?

a8345bf7dc79f1b39d0aeb377e932a9b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunderstorms already popping up all around this area. This is much earlier than most days of recent weeks. Been hearing thunder the last 15 minutes or so. Will it rain? So far it has been hit and miss pop ups and so that remains to be seen. The NWS has only 20% chances.

Also, the dewpoints/HI are very high with upper 70s/108! Temps are in the low 90s. All conducive to the pop-ups.

Back