• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Arctic April

It ain’t heat till it’s 90+ in the foothills. Tired of running heater during y’all’s severe events

Yeah I'm finally removing my electric blanket from my bed. I don't think I've had it on for over a week, maybe even two, but it's extra warmth even if it's off.

It might be a bit cold for a couple nights to just have my top sheet and quilt but I know I likely made the right move. Probably will finally need the A/C a day or two after we spike to above 85. Seems as if that deal is actually late. April has been pleasant.

Looks like the warmup is legit, and not to mention this pattern supports t-storms, but nothing scary C3862BC2-B2B1-4CD2-995C-2512FEB625C6.png9F71A8B2-AFED-4313-B312-1F915C8FFAEE.pngD55A40E7-06DE-4B50-9DF4-E5CFDCCAFF29.png

Sunbelt FTW.

It's just been a few passing CU with mostly sunny skies here. The low clouds have mostly stayed to the north, although I'm watching them closely to see if they will rotate southward over the next couple of hours.

Cold bias notwithstanding, the ensemble means for May 6-11 are still not hot in most of the SE, especially northern SE. They at least imply comfortably low dewpoints coming back once again thanks to continental air influence. Here's the 12Z EPS for 5/6-11:
View attachment 40511
Yes, looks like day 6-8 looks warm, then it’ll possibly cool back down with a NE US/SE Canada trough, but it looks possible a GWO orbit into ph8/1 May happen sometime around the 2nd/3rd week of May, which may favor the plains with severe (note ph8/1 favor above normal heights across the SE us)CDE4929D-C79E-4E46-8BD0-281AD116985B.png, also looking like tropical forcing will loop around towards the maritime continent/Indonesia, but will stop there, which may be contributing to our warm looks around day 7, and around day 5-6, you can see hints of a failed NE pac jet extension, anyways it looks to curve back into the COD, and I think back towards the Indian Ocean due to nino tendencies still hanging on, but then it might go back in a favorable state towards Indonesia (maritime continent) towards late May as Niño tendencies fade away, and a western US trough will be favored from a NE PAC jet extension
38ACB83F-8BB7-4B55-8DF4-BC203B684ED6.gif

Blackberry winter down here in the hills where they are in full bloom. Just got a round of golf in and it was 57 and extremely windy. Rough day and the pin placements were brutal.
Yikes! Since it's slow today, I'll share a personal ... had the same sort of day a few years back (cannot for the life of me remember which one) at the TPC ... that Atlantic NE wind and clouds were cold at Ponte Vedra, but I followed Tiger all day and he did great ... kept the chill as secondary ...

Back