• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Arctic April

This is a weather forum so it is my duty to report significant weather events.

Hot April continues in South Florida, especially at my location between Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood airport and interior Hollywood North Perry Airport (where the terrorists supposedly trained). Yesterday was the coldest day since April 3rd, and it was 1 degree above normal. Today we almost broke the April high minimum again, but the temperature dropped to 79.3. Tonight might be a repeat. The April High minimum temperature is 80 degrees. The high temperature for April is 97, and we got to 94 and 95 a few times.

Super warm waters off the Atlantic Coastline, and lakes are super warm. The lake outside my condo this afternoon was 86 degrees, and the drought has lowered the water level by 2 feet. I can see 2 foot fish breathing coming up to breath for air about five feet from the lake shore. The gulf and immediate Florida coast are very warm for this time a year, which is likely aiding to the tornado threat in the Southeast.

I have lived in Florida for 7 years now, and am pretty impressed by the conditions this year. It's hot. I walk my dog in the morning and night, and I'm sweating like I do in nighttime June temperatures. It's a very auspicous start to the hurricane season

Yeah it’s supposed to be an active season this year and the ssts are way high. Not good.

25b894c3e156f6724572b358429532f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a load of raw steaming BS. Raleigh is the coldest spot just about on the east coast right now all because of stinking cold air damming thanks to that stupid subpolar origin of all crap boring weather because of its super deep spring polar snowpack ( drizzle, 50s in may, 34 rains in winter , low dewpoints with no thunderstorms to speak of) .... im talking about new england and eastern canada. Wish there was ocean over all of it .

Yeah it’s supposed to be an active season this year and the ssts are way high. Not good.

25b894c3e156f6724572b358429532f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look at all that nasty blue va north. Screams lots of cold air damming and drizzly days in summer if it dont change .

What a load of raw steaming BS. Raleigh is the coldest spot just about on the east coast right now all because of stinking cold air damming thanks to that stupid subpolar origin of all crap boring weather because of its super deep spring polar snowpack ( drizzle, 50s in may, 34 rains in winter , low dewpoints with no thunderstorms to speak of) .... im talking about new england and eastern canada. Wish there was ocean over all of it .
You mad bruh

It's colder in Raleigh than in Fargo. Has that ever happened before ? ?

Right... because we have had numerous CAD events during the summer. We aren't even done with severe weather season which extends well into May. Relax, it'll eventually storm.

Right... because we have had numerous CAD events during the summer. We aren't even done with severe weather season which extends well into May. Relax, it'll eventually storm.
We actually can and have had CAD in summer . In summer it means 70s and rain , in more exceptional circumstances especially in June 60s and rain.

We actually can and have had CAD in summer . In summer it means 70s and rain , in more exceptional circumstances especially in June 60s and rain.

Well, of course, we can, but you said "screams lots of CAD and drizzly days" in the summer, which implies that it's a regular occurrence.

Dang that Florida map is actually shocking. That should get taken care of though in about 2-3 months however.
I just took a look at Tampa’s past weather and it looks like they were way below average the first three months of this year, although they are above average for April. They recorded only a trace of rain all of March!

Forecast high was 71 here and it never got to 60. CAD always seems to be underestimated.

Today is the start of a most pleasant week here and in much of the SE with dry air and pleasant temps dominating. The dewpoint is down to 50 here and is falling into the nice 40s. That is hard to beat in late April! Lots of walking coming up this week.

Today is the start of a most pleasant week here and in much of the SE with dry air and pleasant temps dominating. The dewpoint is down to 50 here and is falling into the nice 40s. That is hard to beat in late April! Lots of walking coming up this week.
Enjoy it because it looks like next weekend will be brutally hot in Savannah. Maybe 90 degrees next Sunday.

I'll give to have that kind of weather in the summer here.

Seems like we’ve had all this rain the past 30-60 days...but for central NC/SC it hasn’t panned out. The Deep South has been soaked though.

E57DBD28-3AD1-47B8-B7FF-BB3802BF3222.png

Back