• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Showers

The 0Z GFS is about 20 F colder at CAE than the 0Z Euro for Monday's high. Just a slight disagreement.

Per the 12Z GFS, Asheville gets rain with 37 & a dewpoint as cold as 36 & 850 mb temp down to a mere +1C on Monday 4/23. This is the coldest GFS run yet for Ash & it is getting very close to snow. I know of two times when they got measurable snow after 4/23: 4/24/2005 and 4/27-8/1928 (2.3"!). Also, Chattanooga, Atlanta, and others had a snowstorm 4/25/1910. So, Asheville or other areas nearby getting measurable snow as late as 4/23 wouldn't be unprecedented. So, this possibility is worth monitoring.

Last edited:
Next weeks Sun-Tuesday event looks to be slow in movement, long duration, but doesn’t seem really heavy,as of today

Larry needs rain (as do many others in the coastal areas) and this hopefully will bring a smile to some ...

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_fh168-168.gif 610temp.new.gif 610prcp.new.gif

^Those maps look very nice. I'm surprised at how dead it is in here with the progged slow moving big, very wet, cold in some places SE storm looming for early next week. There have been no posts in any topic in 4 hours. You'd think all we had ahead was many days of dry uneventful wx ahead but it is the polar opposite. Phil, are we in The Twilight Zone? You'd at least think there'd be more weenie posts. Even banter is quiet with the last post being about wrestling some 9 hours ago!
Anyway, the 18Z GFS still has it.

^Those maps look very nice. I'm surprised at how dead it is in here with the progged slow moving big, very wet, cold in some places SE storm looming for early next week. There have been no posts in any topic in 4 hours. You'd think all we had ahead was many days of dry uneventful wx ahead but it is the polar opposite. Phil, are we in The Twilight Zone? You'd at least think there'd be more weenie posts. Even banter is quiet with the last post being about wrestling some 9 hours ago!
Larry,
Court is consuming me and I'm popping in now and then as time allows ... Please keep up the discussion, even solo, and I'll get back in (much to the chagrin of the rest, I fear) after next Tuesday ... :eek:
Best!
Phil

My posts don’t count?

Models continue to suggest a wet start to next week for the SE. Certainly nothing to complain about there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the forecast high of 68 might be a little off today. It's already 70.

I think the forecast high of 68 might be a little off today. It's already 70.
It was supposed to cool down last night, but the problem is it didn't. It was around 70 at midnight and it's in the upper 50s now. The temps are being weird. And today's going to be 61 with a low in the upper 30s. Quite windy here though.

Back