• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Chasing ???⛈⛈⛈

cde457990c505ab04cb5ac43a6287a6e.jpg

YES!
From Glen Burns on Twitter *

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fine with me.

Yep, summer heat with humidity is as certain as death and taxes. I wouldn’t mind the 80s if the dewpoints were in the 40s. We may have that on Monday. But in summer, that’s extremely rare down here. Looking forward to autumn ?
If that means we can skip a few mosquitos, and then 'Cane season in it's entirety, I'm with you, Larry ... but I'm not willing to forego 150 or so interim sunrises since days and time don't accrue on the back end of life ....

Last edited:
If that means we can skip a few mosquitos, and then 'Cane season in it's entirety, I'm with you, Larry ... but I'm not willing to forego 150 or so interim sunrises since days and time don't accrue on the back end of life ....

I’m with you 100% on not wanting to rush through precious months of life, uncomfortable wx or not. There are a lot worse things than uncomfy wx. Besides, there are AC and treadmills for someone like me. But at the same time I still always look forward to autumn.

I’m with you 100% on not wanting to rush through precious months of life, uncomfortable wx or not. There are a lot worse things than uncomfy wx. Besides, there are AC and treadmills for someone like me. But at the same time I still always look forward to autumn.
... and winter ... though spring and summer and I do have some conversational issues ... :eek:

Not trying to poo poo the dry weather talk but I would keep an eye on a baggy upper low trying to get stuck over the south in the 7-10 day period. Jet retracts north and positive heights build along the US Canadian border is a recipe for leaving something behind.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not trying to poo poo the dry weather talk but I would keep an eye on a baggy upper low trying to get stuck over the south in the 7-10 day period. Jet retracts north and positive heights build along the US Canadian border is a recipe for leaving something behind.

Thanks *DAD*! :p

We did managed to tap 70*F thanks to a brief break in the clouds ahead of the secondary cold front, but it should be downhill from here

Long range GFS looking mighty toasty with a massive 588dm ridge.

Just have to get through the next 2 days of crap.
Why can’t it be wrong about the heat, like it is about the cold!??

48 for a high today is fairy impressive. Been raining all day too. Saw Mt Leconte had 1.5” of snow as of 7am.

I'm still looking forward to this weekend's cool-off, which could easily be the last of its kind this spring.
I only just got out of the 40's in the last hour, late in the afternoon on Sat. I had 5 1/4 inches I could count, but the 5 inch gauge was full, so I don't know how much missed measuring. Got another .6, or so, this morning. My friend a few miles away to the sw had over 5 too. This amazingly wet 12 month period, actually longer for me, continues. I've had standing water in my nw corner since last summer, and before. It never dries up back there...near a creek. I have a mower path cut thru about 50 feet from the creek, and probably 5 feet in elevation and it's been a bog since the middle of last summer. Just amazing amounts of rain, with few periods of respite.

I only just got out of the 40's in the last hour, late in the afternoon on Sat. I had 5 1/4 inches I could count, but the 5 inch gauge was full, so I don't know how much missed measuring. Got another .6, or so, this morning. My friend a few miles away to the sw had over 5 too. This amazingly wet 12 month period, actually longer for me, continues. I've had standing water in my nw corner since last summer, and before. It never dries up back there...near a creek. I have a mower path cut thru about 50 feet from the creek, and probably 5 feet in elevation and it's been a bog since the middle of last summer. Just amazing amounts of rain, with few periods of respite.
The mosquitoes are going to love all this water !

Think Wednesday could be the warmest day so far this year. Deep west flow should push us into the upper 80s maybe a 90 or 2

Doesn’t look to crazy right now, but this does need to be watched, at least multicellular clusters/supercellular structures would be likely with this type of setup, needa watch for any strengthening of the upper level low and more of a - tilt instead of this.... 8DE2F5D0-F380-42C5-A801-4EB6F0CAC53F.png1418B692-1FE7-45E5-B999-72760C11C637.png5D7C22B9-942F-4AA6-AB23-B5A3EC6BA69A.png

Back