• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern April Chasing ???⛈⛈⛈

Fayetteville, NC set a new record low max yesterday w/ a high of just 43F (w/o any snow cover mind you). Crushed the old record by 4F and it was the 2nd coldest April high temp ever on record there, w/ records extending back to about 1871. The only day we didn't beat was Apr 3 1915 for obvious reasons because there was 4.5" of snow on the ground which kept temps in the low-mid 30s.

Last edited:
Had a deeper frost this morning than snow all winter

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That was a super super Heavy Frost this morning. Gonna miss this spectacular weather. It'll rinse out of the pattern fast now as we roll through April. We'll have to wait till second half of October to experience this wx again. Reason I love Fall more than spring. After spring it's kadie- barr the door for the next 4-5 months of 90 degrees and DP's in the mid 60's-70. Ugh!

I've yet had to deal with seeing any Mosquitoes Flies or even nats. Maybe the record rains drowned/washed all their larva away.

That was a super super Heavy Frost this morning. Gonna miss this spectacular weather. It'll rinse out of the pattern fast now as we roll through April. We'll have to wait till second half of October to experience this wx again. Reason I love Fall more than spring. After spring it's kadie- barr the door for the next 4-5 months of 90 degrees and DP's in the mid 60's-70. Ugh!
Most people love spring for the exact reason why you love fall. Most people dread the long winter months. Months of bitterly cold, shoveling snow, etc. Winter can take a huge toll on your body.

With that reminder of the 4-5 months of 90+ with those DP's I now hate this may be the last cold morning. I always have mixed feelings actually, after close to 6 months of frost/freeze threat, defrosting the truck in the mornings, etc (although this hasn't been a very cold winter overall) and anxious to get the garden going I'm ready for it to warm up..... but as soon as the stinging insects and slithering reptiles emerge along with the heat and humidity I'm ready for cold Lol.

I've yet had to deal with seeing any Mosquitoes Flies or even nats. Maybe the record rains drowned/washed all their larva away.

Sadly I've already dealt with mosquitoes and some the other day, no lie, were almost 1/4 inch long...... all the rain has left a unwanted pond on the property across the road from my house, I'm sure it's a fertile breeding ground :rolleyes:

ive been stung by 3 bumblebees this year, there flying around like crazy in the afternoons

Mid south / NW Tennessee area.... do y’all think we get another freeze in this region?

Down to a cold 38 low at Hunter AAF Base only a few miles from me. Airport was 39. Now the strong warmup begins.

One last walk this week with fantastic cool, dry weather. Hopefully there will be another cool period midmonth.

Very wet if models verify over the next week or two. 6”+ maybe more in thunderstorms.

Back