• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Anaphylactic August

Home now and currently under a severe storm warning, but nothing here but dark skies. I think the storm might miss me to the SE.

What’s with these stupidly large warnings? I feel like the Raleigh office is always super aggressive on warning thunderstorms.
I noticed they were large today too. Probably had something to do with erratic storm motion, new cells on outflows and any collapsing updraft having potential to push a wind gust outside of the core of the storm

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I noticed they were large today too. Probably had something to do with erratic storm motion, new cells on outflows and any collapsing updraft having potential to push a wind gust outside of the core of the storm

Probably so. Weak steering today.

Under another warning now. Had a couple rumbles of thunder so far.

Probably so. Weak steering today.
Yeah tomorrow seems to be a day where we could get a little bit more of a focus for severe weather as storms form along the Piedmont trough and in association with a disturbance coming out of SC. Wouldn't be shocked to see a few of the 3+ inch type rain events somewhere tomorrow

I'll tell you, barring a big heat ridge taking over in september we may be looking at the last longer duration period of 90s around here. Euro/eps are low to mid 80s from Saturday through labor day

Don't jinx us. The last 2 years have had 90F+ days in October :(
Yeah don't get me wrong I think it's almost certain we get a few 90s in sept/oct but I hope we can not have the ugly 7-10 day period of 90+ in Sept that we have seen the last few years. Looks like 2011 was the last time rdu didn't record a 90 during sept/oct so at least its possible.
Hopefully we don't get some cat 65 typhoon in the pac that accelerates the pac jet and we get a jet extension into the west coast and a SE ridge.

You can erase 100% of that off the map in my area. We will not see a drop here in the next 5 days.
If you say so ... but oftentimes, you get what you say ... ... in any event, I'm not erasing ... in fact hoping you get 3" ... ;)

You can erase 100% of that off the map in my area. We will not see a drop here in the next 5 days.
I think it'll be difficult for either one of us to go this week without getting rain. Setup really favors a widespread 1-3 with 3-6 areas through the weekend

If you say so ... but oftentimes, you get what you say ... ... in any event, I'm not erasing ... in fact hoping you get 3" ... ;)
I wish that for his girlfriend too! ????

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datatools/normals

For anyone interested, this is a great NOAA resource to find the closest station to your location that has 1980-2010 averages. They will be changing soon, so it will be interesting to see how much everyone warms.

What is crazy to me is how much difference in temperatures there are across the Atlanta region. Alpharetta, the closest station to me averages 28.5F and 49.0F in January, and about 65 to the southwest is Newnan, which averages 30.2F and 54.7F. That is quite a spread for only 65 miles.

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/datatools/normals

For anyone interested, this is a great NOAA resource to find the closest station to your location that has 1980-2010 averages. They will be changing soon, so it will be interesting to see how much everyone warms.

What is crazy to me is how much difference in temperatures there are across the Atlanta region. Alpharetta, the closest station to me averages 28.5F and 49.0F in January, and about 65 to the southwest is Newnan, which averages 30.2F and 54.7F. That is quite a spread for only 65 miles.
I highly doubt Alpharetta averages 49.0 in January. I dont even think Greenville or Chattanooga are that cool in January.

Back