• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

Somewhere up in the clouds your biblical God is laughing at some of you. Would you jump into a river of Crocs if the bible told you to? Stick a knife in your first born child to prove your faith? Could you function as a human if the bible weren't around anymore? You have been lied to and duped just like your parents and their parents before them on back to the first days that book was printed. Much of the contents of the bible come from Hindu and other ancient text. The evil forces that changed the bible and created Jesus to be something he wasn't still control you today and you are just too scared to open your eyes to it. You worship the wrong creator out of nothing but fear. No loving creator would ever put you on earth to torment you with fear, judgement and fear of being cast into some fiery pit that doesn't exist. I've lost several good friends and teammates to suicide as they waited for prayers to be answered. They "Put it in God's hands" as they were told by friends and family. Thanks to the people who helped me these soldiers are getting the actual help they need and didn't get from religion. If you follow a religious dogma and it works for you good just stop telling others they better do the same as you or else because the or else is a joke

Go research Krishna. He was a virgin birth too. In fact according to history, virgin births were more common than we thought. He was also divine and killed for it kinda like Jesus. Speaking of which, Jesus went missing for 18 years in the Bible. He just hanging out in town chilling or maybe he travels to places like India? My guess is he did just that. Traveled to India, learned about Hinduism and Krishna and came home to spread what he learned. I don't believe his intentions were ever to be anyone's Messiah but the loving religious folk of the time took care of that by nailing him to a cross

Let’s have some fun with the OT…

Top 10 Biblical ways to obtain a wife (according to the OT)

10. Find an attractive prisoner of war, bring her home, shave her head, trim her nails, and give her new clothes. Then she’s yours. – (Deuteronomy 21:11-13)

9. Find a prostitute and marry her. – (Hosea 1:1-3)

8. Find a man with seven daughters, and impress him by watering his flock.- Moses (Exodus 2:16-21)

7. Purchase a piece of property, and get a woman as part of the deal. – Boaz (Ruth 4:5-10)

6. Go to a party and hide. When the women come out to dance, kidnap one and force her to be your wife. – Benjaminites (Judges 21:19-25)

5. Have God create a wife for you while you sleep.-Adam (Genesis 2:19-24)

4. Have a husband killed and take his wife. -David (2 Samuel 11)

3. Kill 200 of your future father-in-law’s enemies, cut off their foreskins, and trade them for his daughter to be your wife -David (I Samuel 18:27)

2. Even if no one is out there, just wander around a bit and you’ll definitely find someone. -Cain (Genesis 4:16-17)

1. Don’t be so picky. Make up for quality with quantity. – Solomon (1 Kings 11:1-3)
We get told all the time to "read the Bible". It's GOD'S WORD and it's all in there and I don't need anything else. Well you point out God's vengeful words and all of a sudden the excuses come out. You misread it or it was a different time back then. Sounds Like a dictator to me and I know we all have a distaste for dictators. Killing, slavery, treating women like property. It's all in there.....

Somewhere up in the clouds your biblical God is laughing at some of you. Would you jump into a river of Crocs if the bible told you to? Stick a knife in your first born child to prove your faith? Could you function as a human if the bible weren't around anymore? You have been lied to and duped just like your parents and their parents before them on back to the first days that book was printed. Much of the contents of the bible come from Hindu and other ancient text. The evil forces that changed the bible and created Jesus to be something he wasn't still control you today and you are just too scared to open your eyes to it. You worship the wrong creator out of nothing but fear. No loving creator would ever put you on earth to torment you with fear, judgement and fear of being cast into some fiery pit that doesn't exist. I've lost several good friends and teammates to suicide as they waited for prayers to be answered. They "Put it in God's hands" as they were told by friends and family. Thanks to the people who helped me these soldiers are getting the actual help they need and didn't get from religion. If you follow a religious dogma and it works for you good just stop telling others they better do the same as you or else because the or else is a joke
That's a ton of words and accusations with zero proof my friend. Sounds like you are the one believing a fairytale that you have concocted out of anger and bitterness. Maybe we should start to be followers of Sandbars religion because it's clear you worship your own god.

To each there own and if that's the path you desire to live in life none of us can change that. And no amount of back and forth on a random online forum is going to win anyone over. But I know and have experienced the power of God in my life and hope maybe one day you can do the same.

That's a ton of words and accusations with zero proof my friend. Sounds like you are the one believing a fairytale that you have concocted out of anger and bitterness. Maybe we should start to be followers of Sandbars religion because it's clear you worship your own god.

To each there own and if that's the path you desire to live in life none of us can change that. And no amount of back and forth on a random online forum is going to win anyone over. But I know and have experienced the power of God in my life and hope maybe one day you can do the same.
I have been where you are at but I doubt you have walked in my shoes friend. I 100% believe in a creator just not the one in any book. The tools you need to love unconditionally and connect to that creator are inside you and have been since you took your first breath. You are a Christian because you were born in a Christian dominant country and that's what your parents were most likely and the generations before them. Every religion creates their savior to look just like them. Krishna, Buddha, Allah, Jesus. All look just like the people who worship them. Has your pastor ever repeated any of the repulsive scriptures a few of us have pointed out to you? The answer is NO. The problem with the abrahamic religions is not that you believe in God but that you think you are special for that belief. That only you get rewarded for your obedience while others are punished for not following the script. If you can't see the influence of Vatican dictatorship in your dogma you are brainwashed. Go look at Hinduism and you will see where your very own religion came from. How you think you are right over any other religion is mind boggling to me. There are humans all over the planet that worship a god just like you. They are primitive and don't have a Jesus or a Bible. Is that there fault? They don't get the kingdom like you for not being born to parents who live in a place with a church on every corner?

We get told all the time to "read the Bible". It's GOD'S WORD and it's all in there and I don't need anything else. Well you point out God's vengeful words and all of a sudden the excuses come out. You misread it or it was a different time back then. Sounds Like a dictator to me and I know we all have a distaste for dictators. Killing, slavery, treating women like property. It's all in there.....

Yeah, it is all in there because it is an also a historical record of good and bad which the Bible does not hide.

I’m not exactly sure why you hate dictators so much though. They probably hate you as well. I mean to each his own as far as view of God, morality, or flying pasta.

Yeah, it is all in there because it is an also a historical record of good and bad which the Bible does not hide.

I’m not exactly sure why you hate dictators so much though. They probably hate you as well. I mean to each his own as far as view of God, morality, or flying pasta.
So I never saw a "do not do this in the future" attached to those particular scriptures. So much of the bible comes from religious text and other ancient text long before it. It has been hacked, changed and even had other works removed from it because it didn't jive with the intensions of the Roman Catholic church. The church was just as corrupt back then as the government and they worked hand in hand. If you want to read the actual teachings of Jesus go read the Nag Hammadi and throw that plagerized Bible on the shelf. All it has has done is teach it's followers to judge others and get a lot of people killed

So I never saw a "do not do this in the future" attached to those particular scriptures. So much of the bible comes from religious text and other ancient text long before it. It has been hacked, changed and even had other works removed from it because it didn't jive with the intensions of the Roman Catholic church. The church was just as corrupt back then as the government and they worked hand in hand. If you want to read the actual teachings of Jesus go read the Nag Hammadi and throw that plagerized Bible on the shelf. All it has has done is teach it's followers to judge others and get a lot of people killed

Wait so if it doesn’t have a “don’t do this” label in the Bible it means God is telling us to do it? Honestly that may be the most silly interpretation I’ve ever heard.

Have you actually read the Bible other than finding websites that take scriptures out of context to make an argument against the Bible? There are several things in the Bible that one could make an issue out of if one wants to, but taking scriptures out of context to make an argument is just lazy.

Wait so if it doesn’t have a “don’t do this” label in the Bible it means God is telling us to do it? Honestly that may be the most silly interpretation I’ve ever heard.

Have you actually read the Bible other than finding websites that take scriptures out of context to make an argument against the Bible? There are several things in the Bible that one could make an issue out of if one wants to, but taking scriptures out of context to make an argument is just lazy.
I no longer need to read it. I simply pasted what's in it and I got the response I expected. There is nothing taken out of context it's in black and white right their in the holy book you just refuse to accept it so you make foolish excuses for it. If you think the context is wrong by all means tell me what I missed. Let's start here and you tell me what I took out of context. This sounds like a battle cry but I guess you see it as the love your God has for you

Ezekiel 35:7-9

I will make Mount Seir a waste and a desolation, and I will cut off from it all who come and go. And I will fill its mountains with the slain. On your hills and in your valleys and in all your ravines those slain with the sword shall fall. I will make you a perpetual desolation, and your cities shall not be inhabited. Then you will know that I am the Lord"

If this isn't the lord speaking to you who is it? Who is this person? I didn't take anything here out of context

Luke 19:27

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Matthew 10:34

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword"

Have you bothered to read any posts in this thread? Several people have given very good and thoughtful responses to all of your points, several times. Your objections here are very common ones that have some great studies to help make sense of them. If you don't want to read back through the thread there are plenty of scholars way more educated on this than us, all it takes is quick search.
I have been where you are at but I doubt you have walked in my shoes friend. I 100% believe in a creator just not the one in any book. The tools you need to love unconditionally and connect to that creator are inside you and have been since you took your first breath. You are a Christian because you were born in a Christian dominant country and that's what your parents were most likely and the generations before them. Every religion creates their savior to look just like them. Krishna, Buddha, Allah, Jesus. All look just like the people who worship them. Has your pastor ever repeated any of the repulsive scriptures a few of us have pointed out to you? The answer is NO. The problem with the abrahamic religions is not that you believe in God but that you think you are special for that belief. That only you get rewarded for your obedience while others are punished for not following the script. If you can't see the influence of Vatican dictatorship in your dogma you are brainwashed. Go look at Hinduism and you will see where your very own religion came from. How you think you are right over any other religion is mind boggling to me. There are humans all over the planet that worship a god just like you. They are primitive and don't have a Jesus or a Bible. Is that there fault? They don't get the kingdom like you for not being born to parents who live in a place with a church on every corner?
Same as above.
I no longer need to read it. I simply pasted what's in it and I got the response I expected. There is nothing taken out of context it's in black and white right their in the holy book you just refuse to accept it so you make foolish excuses for it. If you think the context is wrong by all means tell me what I missed. Let's start here and you tell me what I took out of context. This sounds like a battle cry but I guess you see it as the love your God has for you

I will make Mount Seir a waste and a desolation, and I will cut off from it all who come and go. And I will fill its mountains with the slain. On your hills and in your valleys and in all your ravines those slain with the sword shall fall. I will make you a perpetual desolation, and your cities shall not be inhabited. Then you will know that I am the Lord"

If this isn't the lord speaking to you who is it? Who is this person? I didn't take anything here out of context

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword"
You're not misquoting them but you are taking them out of context by not taking the time to understand what was happening. I'm not going to take the time to frame all of these (and you don't seem interested in the answers anyway, despite putting all this out there), but just a quick attempt in good faith for the first one.

This was God's judgment for the people of that region, the Edomites, for their treatment against the Isrealites. Much like His judgement for the Cannanites. Here's a study if you truly want to try to understand any background:

It's really not that hard to understand the context and perspective, but you do have to put forth a little effort.

Ezekiel 35:7-9 you might want to read the whole chapter to understand WHO is being referred to. Context is king when studying Scripture, the worst thing anyone can do is pluck verses out of context and make them mean what they want. Scripture was written with one meaning and it’s vital to study to ensure one is understanding what is being said and not twisting it to fit an agenda or preconceived view.

In the context here the nation of Edom will be judged by God for their violence and hatred of God’s people Israel. Just read the whole chapter, or even verses 5-6 and it’s quite clear.

Luke 19:27 is the final verse in a parable Jesus tells. Parables are earthly stories with heavenly meaning designed to help the listeners understand spiritual truths. It’s a parable on stewardship and judgment at the very end. Read Luke 19:15-27 to see the whole flow of what Jesus is saying.

Matthew 10:34 has already been explained but the language of Jesus referencing a “sword” is symbolic when you look at the underlying Greek and wordplay there. Jesus is saying that those who follow Him would face conflict; whether it be from family, friends, society, etc. Look at the next few verses, it’s quite clear that’s what Jesus is saying. By following Jesus many early Christians would become an outcast in society, their family, and friends. The same is true today in many countries where Christianity is persecuted or hated.

“Matthew 10:35–37 (NLT): 35 ‘I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.
36 Your enemies will be right in your own household!’
37 “If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine.”

This is why context and Bible study is so important. Anyone can cherry pick verses and use them to say what they want but that doesn’t mean the interpretation is correct. Scripture has one intended meaning/teaching and oftentimes requires study of the underlying languages, context, type of literature/genre etc to ensure one correctly understands what was written.

Have you bothered to read any posts in this thread? Several people have given very good and thoughtful responses to all of your points, several times. Your objections here are very common ones that have some great studies to help make sense of them. If you don't want to read back through the thread there are plenty of scholars way more educated on this than us, all it takes is quick search.

Same as above.

You're not misquoting them but you are taking them out of context by not taking the time to understand what was happening. I'm not going to take the time to frame all of these (and you don't seem interested in the answers anyway, despite putting all this out there), but just a quick attempt in good faith for the first one.

This was God's judgment for the people of that region, the Edomites, for their treatment against the Isrealites. Much like His judgement for the Cannanites. Here's a study if you truly want to try to understand any background:

It's really not that hard to understand the context and perspective, but you do have to put forth a little effort.
No you made my point. Your god is a judgemental, race extinguishing, dictator who will torment you and cut your kid to pieces for not obeying his command. I didn't misread or take anything out of context. You either obey or else according to your holy book. If it was ok 2000 years ago why is it different now? Do you support that? It's your biblical God saying it so do you support that type of thing? You think that's how a kind God shows love to all the people God created? By threatening them with a sword? This is nothing but simple brainwashing

No the context is correct on those except the last with Christ being the sword of dividing such as between you and I. However, by actually reading the Bible you would actually understand why God said what he did in his righteous anger which is especially curious why you would disagree considering the wars our nation has fought in.

God isn’t just a God of love, that’s a common misconception. He also must judge sin because God is holy and just as well. He showed His love to all the people of the world by sending His innocent Son Jesus to die on the cross, take our place and offer forgiveness of all our sins.

I understand being skeptical, I had a lot of skepticism and such I worked through for many years. There are answers to all the questions you have if you genuinely want to learn and challenge your beliefs. I pray that someday you might find the peace and joy that comes from having a personal relationship with God. It brought me through some tough times including my teen years when I was borderline suicidal and no one knew except me and God.
I was christened 46 years ago. I was raised a Christian. I read the Bible.....Then I went to war for 20 years, killed a hell of a lot of people, watched people die in my arms then came back to watch more friends put a bullet in their head. They prayed, asked for guidance, were told to put it in God's hands and when that help didn't come they decided to end it. I came real close but when it finally dawned on me that I was about to be a statistic I went to Mexico and got the help I needed along with a handful of other soldiers whose prayers didn't get answered. I became spiritual, gained a clear understanding that my creator is inside me not in the clouds and I have been in a wonderful place ever since. I meditate every day, I connect straight to the creator, I no longer go to church and I don't need any book to guide me. I stopped judging people even when many people who I thought was on my side shunned me for no reason other than I no longer believed as they did. It's ironic that the last thing those "friends" told me was verbatim what you typed above. If you want to help me, donate to the organization below to do something that will stop my brother's and sisters from taking their life when those prayers go unanswered

Guys, you can't argue against a pantheistic worldview, where God is anything and everything and where there is no authoritative word on anything. It is a completely pointless and fruitless endeavor.

I was christened 46 years ago. I was raised a Christian. I read the Bible.....Then I went to war for 20 years, killed a hell of a lot of people, watched people die in my arms then came back to watch more friends put a bullet in their head. They prayed, asked for guidance, were told to put it in God's hands and when that help didn't come they decided to end it. I came real close but when it finally dawned on me that I was about to be a statistic I went to Mexico and got the help I needed along with a handful of other soldiers whose prayers didn't get answered. I became spiritual, gained a clear understanding that my creator is inside me not in the clouds and I have been in a wonderful place ever since. I meditate every day, I connect straight to the creator, I no longer go to church and I don't need any book to guide me. I stopped judging people even when many people who I thought was on my side shunned me for no reason other than I no longer believed as they did. It's ironic that the last thing those "friends" told me was verbatim what you typed above. If you want to help me, donate to the organization below to do something that will stop my brother's and sisters from taking their life when those prayers go unanswered

I have a close friend who was in the Army and recently took his life so I know exactly what you’re referring to. He was dealing with PTSD which is very real and something people who aren’t dealing with it can’t understand what it’s like.

Cases like that I think professional help is needed oftentimes since many pastors and Christians aren’t trained or knowledgeable with how to help people struggling with it. I’m sorry you had to deal with so much loss and pain.

I understand you won’t change your mind no matter what is said, but I pray that someday you will turn to God and come to know Him.

Guys, you can't argue against a pantheistic worldview, where God is anything and everything and where there is no authoritative word on anything. It is a completely pointless and fruitless endeavor.

I think of all worldviews, this one is most interesting and most sad/hopeless which I think is why it burdens the heart to try to reach. While I obviously disagree, I can look at other religions semi-objectively even agnostic/atheism. However this view just puzzles me. Like jello it cannot be nailed to a wall and like ice when you think you get a handle on it then melts. Something could mean everything, or nothing with no way of knowing it could mean nothing or be worthless/priceless. Interesting dynamic.

I have a close friend who was in the Army and recently took his life so I know exactly what you’re referring to. He was dealing with PTSD which is very real and something people who aren’t dealing with it can’t understand what it’s like.

Cases like that I think professional help is needed oftentimes since many pastors and Christians aren’t trained or knowledgeable with how to help people struggling with it. I’m sorry you had to deal with so much loss and pain.

I understand you won’t change your mind no matter what is said, but I pray that someday you will turn to God and come to know Him.
There is no mind to change. I already told you I BELIEVE in a creator. I don't need a book or a building to do that. That's been my point all along but for some reason it doesn't sink in? I don't put labels on things I don't understand anymore and it's not for me to understand. To me the creator is pure consciousness light. Non duality. The creator is everything and everything is it. That's what Jesus was trying to tell you all along with the Christ within you. You obviously see it different but that's ok which IS MY POINT. In your eyes through religion you have to be the winner and someone the loser even if that person is tied to a different religion or simply spiritual like me. I refuse to take part in exclusion any longer because someone pointed it out in a manmade book

Last edited:
There is no mind to change. I already told you I BELIEVE in a creator. I don't need a book or a building to do that. That's been my point all along but for some reason it doesn't sink in? I don't put labels on things I don't understand anymore and it's not for me to understand. To me the creator is pure consciousness light. Non duality. The creator is everything and everything is it. That's what Jesus was trying to tell you all along with the Christ within you. You obviously see it different but that's ok which IS MY POINT. In your eyes through religion you have to be the winner and someone the loser even if that person is tied to a different religion or simply spiritual like me. I refuse to take part in exclusion any longer because someone pointed it out in a manmade book
The issue is not whether you have belief in a creator. The problem is that you have apparently lost belief in the divine authority and inspiration of the Scriptures. And, for the Christians here, that is a BIG problem. Don’t lose sight of that as the whole point of everyone who is taking issue with the things you are saying.

Everything there is to believe about the Creator must have been divinely revealed through the prophets and the apostles and revealed by the authority of inspired scripture, or else you’re making it all up in your head.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

[16] All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, [17] that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 1:1-2

[1] Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, [2] but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

While human beings wrote the individual books in the Bible, the Christians here believe the Spirit of God was on them when they did so. You are not going to shake anyone here into believing that the Bible was simply “man-made.” Now, we can get into the weeds of things like translations, manuscripts, canonization, and all that kind of thing (and that’s before we even get to things like Biblical interpretation and exegesis), but if you’ve decided it’s bunk, understand you’re not going to get very far with that point of view here.

Last edited:
The issue is not whether you have belief in a creator. The problem is that you have apparently lost belief in the divine authority and inspiration of the Scriptures. And, for the Christians here, that is a BIG problem. Don’t lose sight of that as the whole point of everyone who is taking issue with the things you are saying.

Everything there is to believe about the Creator must have been divinely revealed through the prophets and the apostles and revealed by the authority of inspired scripture, or else you’re making it all up in your head.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

[16] All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, [17] that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Hebrews 1:1-2

[1] Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, [2] but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.

While human beings wrote the individual books in the Bible, the Christians here believe the Spirit of God was on them when they did so. You are not going to shake anyone here into believing that the Bible was simply “man-made.” Now, we can get into the weeds of things like translations, manuscripts, canonization, and all that kind of thing (and that’s before we even get to things like Biblical interpretation and exegesis), but if you’ve decided it’s bunk, understand you’re not going to get very far with that point of view here.
Yep....YOU have a problem with it. That's always been your problem. That's exactly why I said goodbye to religion because you folks can't handle any path that doesn't 100% match yours. If we put every follower of the abrahamic religions on an island in the pacific and told you to iron out your own differences within your own respective corruptions you would all kill each other in less than 10 years........

Back