• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

Yeah well I did all that buddy. Every single last word of it I did for 45 years. How Many time do you need to be told I accepted Jesus a long time ago? Should I just go back to faking how I feel about religion? To lying about it? You seem to be far more concerned about me in the afterlife than you do in the now life but I don't want to offend you in any way bro since your trying so hard to help a man who no longer needs it or asked for it. Like I mentioned just above don't pray for me because I seemed out and found help. If you want to pray, pray for the 5 brothers I buried who's kids don't have a father to celebrate Christmas with this weekend. Pray for the men and women who protected your freedom to choose that religion who will kill themselves this weekend before getting help because I can guarantee you they are praying for guidance and putting it in God's hands as we speak. All I asked of any of you is to accept a different spiritual path that leads to people getting help and you can't even do that much without preaching to me? You would rather make sure I know you are the only one who knows the right way and I'm dead wrong than just accept? You call that following the teachings of Jesus? I really hate that you see sadness in any of this. That is just sickening to me but perhaps you guys are right. I took what should be a happy story and plopped it in the wrong place for that sort of thing
We are only here on this earth for a blink of an eye compared to the afterlife. My goal is not to offend anyone or cast judgement on their way of life, it is merely to spread the gospel as the Bible instructed us to do. The decisions we make here are very important. Again, thank you for all that you have done to protect our freedom.

I found this very thought provoking and indicative of trends in evangelical churches in the US

LOVER OR PROSTITUTE?
The Question that Changed My Life
-by David Ryser.

A number of years ago, I had the privilege of teaching at a school of ministry. My students were hungry for God, and I was constantly searching for ways to challenge them to fall more in love with Jesus and to become voices for revival in the Church. I came across a quote attributed most often to Rev. Sam Pascoe.
It is a short version of the history of Christianity, and it goes like this:

?"️Christianity started in Palestine as a fellowship; it moved to Greece and became a philosophy; it moved to Italy and became an institution; it moved to Europe and became a culture; it came to America and became an enterprise."
Some of the students were only 18 or 19 years old, and I wanted them to understand and appreciate the importance of the last line, so I clarified it by adding: "An enterprise. That's a business."
After a few moments, Martha, the youngest student in the class, raised her hand. I could not imagine what her question might be. I thought the little vignette was self-explanatory and that I had performed it brilliantly. Nevertheless, I acknowledged Martha's raised hand, "Yes, Martha."
She asked such a simple question:

?"A business? But isn't it supposed to be a body?"
I could not envision where this line of questioning was going, and the only response I could think of was "Yes."
She continued:

?"But when a body becomes a business, isn't that a prostitute?"
The room went dead silent.
For several seconds no one moved or spoke.
We were stunned, afraid to make a sound because the presence of God had flooded into the room, and we knew we were on Holy ground.
God had taken over the class.
Martha's question changed my life. For six months, I thought about her question at least once every day. "When a body becomes a business, isn't that a prostitute?"
There is only one answer to her question.
The answer is "Yes."
The American Church, tragically, is heavily populated by people who do not love God. How can we love Him? We don't even know Him; and I mean REALLY know Him....
I stand by my statement that I believe that most American Christians do not know God--much less love Him.
The root of this condition originates in how we came to God.
Most of us came to Him because of what we were told He would do for us. We were promised that He would bless us in life and take us to heaven after death. We married Him for His money, and we don't care if He lives or dies as long as we can get His stuff. We have made the Kingdom of God into a business, merchandising His anointing.
This should not be.
We are commanded to love God and are called to be the Bride of Christ--that's pretty intimate stuff. We are supposed to be His lovers. How can we love someone we don't even know? And even if we do know someone, is that a guarantee that we truly love them?
Are we lovers or prostitutes?
I was pondering Martha's question again one day and considered the question:

?"What's the difference between a lover and a prostitute?"
I realized that both do many of the same things, but a lover does what she does because she loves. A prostitute pretends to love, but only as long as you pay.
Then I asked the question:

?"What would happen if God stopped paying me?"
For the next several months, I allowed God to search me to uncover my motives for loving and serving Him.
Was I really a true lover of God?
What would happen if He stopped blessing me?
What if He never did another thing for me?
Would I still love Him?
Please understand, I believe in the promises and blessings of God. The issue here is not whether God blesses His children; the issue is the condition of my heart.
Why do I serve Him?
Are His blessings in my life the gifts of a loving Father, or are they a wage that I have earned or a bribe/payment to love Him? Do I love God without any conditions?
It took several months to work through these questions. Even now, I wonder if my desire to love God is always matched by my attitude and behavior. I still catch myself being disappointed with God and angry that He has not met some perceived need in my life. I suspect this is something which is never fully resolved, but I want more than anything else to be a true lover of God.

I found this very thought provoking and indicative of trends in evangelical churches in the US

LOVER OR PROSTITUTE?
-by David Ryser.

A number of years ago, I had the privilege of teaching at a school of ministry. My students were hungry for God, and I was constantly searching for ways to challenge them to fall more in love with Jesus and to become voices for revival in the Church. I came across a quote attributed most often to Rev. Sam Pascoe.

?"️Christianity started in Palestine as a fellowship; it moved to Greece and became a philosophy; it moved to Italy and became an institution; it moved to Europe and became a culture; it came to America and became an enterprise."
Some of the students were only 18 or 19 years old, and I wanted them to understand and appreciate the importance of the last line, so I clarified it by adding: "An enterprise. That's a business."
After a few moments, Martha, the youngest student in the class, raised her hand. I could not imagine what her question might be. I thought the little vignette was self-explanatory and that I had performed it brilliantly. Nevertheless, I acknowledged Martha's raised hand, "Yes, Martha."

I could not envision where this line of questioning was going, and the only response I could think of was "Yes."
She continued:

We were stunned, afraid to make a sound because the presence of God had flooded into the room, and we knew we were on Holy ground.
Martha's question changed my life. For six months, I thought about her question at least once every day. "When a body becomes a business, isn't that a prostitute?"
The answer is "Yes."
The American Church, tragically, is heavily populated by people who do not love God. How can we love Him? We don't even know Him; and I mean REALLY know Him....
I stand by my statement that I believe that most American Christians do not know God--much less love Him.
Most of us came to Him because of what we were told He would do for us. We were promised that He would bless us in life and take us to heaven after death. We married Him for His money, and we don't care if He lives or dies as long as we can get His stuff. We have made the Kingdom of God into a business, merchandising His anointing.
This should not be.
We are commanded to love God and are called to be the Bride of Christ--that's pretty intimate stuff. We are supposed to be His lovers. How can we love someone we don't even know? And even if we do know someone, is that a guarantee that we truly love them?

I realized that both do many of the same things, but a lover does what she does because she loves. A prostitute pretends to love, but only as long as you pay.

For the next several months, I allowed God to search me to uncover my motives for loving and serving Him.
Would I still love Him?
Please understand, I believe in the promises and blessings of God. The issue here is not whether God blesses His children; the issue is the condition of my heart.
Why do I serve Him?
Are His blessings in my life the gifts of a loving Father, or are they a wage that I have earned or a bribe/payment to love Him? Do I love God without any conditions?
It took several months to work through these questions. Even now, I wonder if my desire to love God is always matched by my attitude and behavior. I still catch myself being disappointed with God and angry that He has not met some perceived need in my life. I suspect this is something which is never fully resolved, but I want more than anything else to be a true lover of God.
Good read...... The church lost its true way centuries ago and they hacked the bible to meet their own fear requirements along the way. They formed this impression among their followers that God is some old man in the sky that is in control of everything and everyone. The one "true way". Enlightenment is coming. It may not come full circle in my lifetime but maybe my grandkids will have the opportunity to have a judgement free relationship with our creator

LOVER OR PROSTITUTE?
-by David Ryser.

She continued:

The answer is "Yes."
This should not be.

Would I still love Him?
Why do I serve Him?

I’ve been thinking on this since this morning and for one thing, he isn’t wrong. I agree that most of the American church does not know God. I also agree that we as Christians can easily get to a state where we believe God owes us a good life, material possessions and good health, which isn’t so. God is God regardless of what lot he chooses for us and whatever lot is for our own growth for his glory.

However that said, We love Christ because he first loved us. We serve Christ because he took it upon himself as a servant to serve us. He then said if we truly love him we will keep his commandments.

Not to be critical, but this honestly reads as a mostly fluff piece that tries to invoke deep thinking and an emotional response but stops when the tough gets going. It’s good to self access our love for God, but it profits nothing unless that self-accessment
actually changes who we are and draws us closer to him and leads to us doing his commandments.

I’ve been thinking on this since this morning and for one thing, he isn’t wrong. I agree that most of the American church does not know God. I also agree that we as Christians can easily get to a state where we believe God owes us a good life, material possessions and good health, which isn’t so. God is God regardless of what lot he chooses for us and whatever lot is for our own growth for his glory.

However that said, We love Christ because he first loved us. We serve Christ because he took it upon himself as a servant to serve us. He then said if we truly love him we will keep his commandments.

Not to be critical, but this honestly reads as a mostly fluff piece that tries to invoke deep thinking and an emotional response but stops when the tough gets going. It’s good to self access our love for God, but it profits nothing unless that self-accessment
actually changes who we are and draws us closer to him and leads to us doing his commandments.
I agree with a lot of what you said.. but I didn’t take this as a fluff piece at all. It’s a perspective I’ve never heard discussed before in 6 decades of attending mostly fundamental evangelical churches of 3 or 4 flavors. It really challenged me and still does

I agree with a lot of what you said.. but I didn’t take this as a fluff piece at all. It’s a perspective I’ve never heard discussed before in 6 decades of attending mostly fundamental evangelical churches of 3 or 4 flavors. It really challenged me and still does
I'm not sure I really understand the point the author is making.

When I wasn't deployed we went to several churches off base and I got the same 3 things. The collection plate, judgement, a sermon on inviting more people to church to fill the collection plate and the sermon that I just needed a different church when I complained about it to people. I applaude the gentleman for having the courage to speak up. I mean you can't even get people of different denominators within Christianity to agree with one another at times

Ponder This​

God has two witnesses that say He exists—creation and conscience. The inner is the subjective witness of conscience; the outer is the objective witness of creation. The blazing stars and this Universe—how did it happen? To be an atheist you have to believe nothing times nobody equals everything. But God has set His witness in the sky. Psalm 19:1-4; says, “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard. Their line has gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun.” Anybody, any place, any time can go out and look up at the stars and conclude, “That didn’t just happen.”

In the French Revolution, a revolutionary told a French peasant as they were pulling down the churches and destroying the houses of worship, “Peasant, we’re going to destroy everything that reminds you of God.” And the peasant pointed to the stars and said, “Begin with those stars.” The heavens declare the glory of God.

Romans 1:20-21

Ponder This​

God has two witnesses that say He exists—creation and conscience. The inner is the subjective witness of conscience; the outer is the objective witness of creation. The blazing stars and this Universe—how did it happen? To be an atheist you have to believe nothing times nobody equals everything. But God has set His witness in the sky. Psalm 19:1-4; says, “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard. Their line has gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun.” Anybody, any place, any time can go out and look up at the stars and conclude, “That didn’t just happen.”

In the French Revolution, a revolutionary told a French peasant as they were pulling down the churches and destroying the houses of worship, “Peasant, we’re going to destroy everything that reminds you of God.” And the peasant pointed to the stars and said, “Begin with those stars.” The heavens declare the glory of God.

Romans 1:20-21
From my point of view the creator IS conscience. They are one in the same.......

Wasn't sure where to put this so mods can move if need be.....But WOW. Phenomenal on many levels. Long but worth the watch even if it's just parts here and there. The freemason and book of Enoch material is enough in and of itself. This is our history!

It's actually hard to watch...Starts at 35 minutes and gets worse from there. He has a very good argument I'm afraid to say

He is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.

Revelations 2:9 my favorite Bible verse

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Synagogues of satan sounds so badass

This sermon is hour long. Gets awesome 33ish mark in. This guy is the best prophecy teacher I know. More info on the Red Heffer sacrifice coming up and what it means . My prayer is everyone is watching and has a know that you know salvation. The hour is drawing near. Thank you Jesus for what you did for me. I dont deserve any of it.

Back