• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

No that’s not what I’m saying. What I am saying is it sure is unfair for a murderer to get off free while their victim suffers
But they don't go free, their salvation, if it comes, does not absolve them of the consequences of their actions. They still receive their punishment here, but Jesus's sacrifice, his blood, covers all sin and is there for anyone who truly believes for eternal salvation. Your other point about living to be 80 and waiting till 79 to believe is ok but you aren't promised 80. You aren't promised 79, 78, 50, 20 or tomorrow and is a fools game to play.

There is no moral code, no reason for a moral code if what happens here has no bearing on the afterlife. If all we do is transcend from one dimension to the next what reason does anyone have to do what is right? In fact, how do we even define what is right? Our beliefs are so far apart it's probably futile to continue the discussion honestly
This is nuts...so you don't do things like rape and murder only because you fear hell? Is this really what you think...this clip pretty much sums it up...Mr Asimov nails it here.

This is nuts...so you don't do things like rape and murder only because you fear hell? Is this really what you think...this clip pretty much sums it up...Mr Asimov nails it here.

Nope never said that, although fear of eternal separation from my heavenly father and eternity in hell is not something I want to endure. I don't rape or murder or do a lot of things because I have a relationship with my Lord and Savior, I'm filled with the holy spirit that guides me and corrects me when I falter. It's a desire to serve and please my God, it's why I strive to be perfect although I'm far from it

However, if you knew hell existed wouldn't you want to avoid going? I accepted christ to avoid eternal damnation but I act as I do and strive to live righteousness not out of fear but to serve the one who saved me.

However, if you knew hell existed wouldn't you want to avoid going? I accepted christ to avoid eternal damnation but I act as I do and strive to live righteousness not out of fear but to serve the one who saved me.

I don't think heaven or hell exist...fear of damnation is not why I am moral. Being a good human in not inclusive to being religious or a Christian...

But they don't go free, their salvation, if it comes, does not absolve them of the consequences of their actions. They still receive their punishment here, but Jesus's sacrifice, his blood, covers all sin and is there for anyone who truly believes for eternal salvation. Your other point about living to be 80 and waiting till 79 to believe is ok but you aren't promised 80. You aren't promised 79, 78, 50, 20 or tomorrow and is a fools game to play.
It’s fools game to play but I sure can play it and win! What if they get no punishment in this life?

I don't think heaven or hell exist...fear of damnation is not why I am moral. Being a good human in not inclusive to being religious or a Christian...
Morals are derived from a divine creator, you don't have to believe it but it doesn't make it untrue.

It’s fools game to play but I sure can play it and win! What if they get no punishment in this life?
You win only if you truly believe and accept Jesus, just saying it doesn't do it. Punishment will find them. If they become true Believers they will not be able to live with that guilt and will suffer the consequences one way or another

I said this earlier, but you either believe it or not. After a while the discussion boils down to "I'm right." "No you're not." "Yes I am." "No you're not."

I said this earlier, but you either believe it or not. After a while the discussion boils down to "I'm right." "No you're not." "Yes I am." "No you're not."
Yep. My downfall is trying to convince them of something they are far from believing. I don't want to give up but at the same time, the information is there, the gospel has been shared, it's up to the individual to accept or reject

Yep. My downfall is trying to convince them of something they are far from believing. I don't want to give up but at the same time, the information is there, the gospel has been shared, it's up to the individual to accept or reject
Yes sir.

It’s not right or wrong, I’m just not seeing your belief system add up. I’m trying to understand what you believe while also challenging it . I think we both understand we won’t change the others belief but I hope we understand each other better at the end

It’s not right or wrong, I’m just not seeing your belief system add up. I’m trying to understand what you believe while also challenging it . I think we both understand we won’t change the others belief but I hope we understand each other better at the end
What does Muhammad instruct to happen to sinners?

Trust me, if there were no consequences for my actions, I would enjoy every sin I could. Why live a conservative and dull life when you could be having so much more fun? Why live Godly if there is no God? These are the fundamental questions that make atheists look like the fools they really are. Those are not my words but the Bible's. "The fool hath said in his heart. There is no God." Psalms 53.1 and Psalms 14.1

Morals are derived from a divine creator, you don't have to believe it but it doesn't make it untrue.
And where did you first learn about those morals? Your parents of course. Then they took you to church and your pastor taught you about the bible and you take it all in and you believe it in your heart 100% right? Did you believe everything you were being "taught" because you felt it or because you were scared of letting those people down? If you truly felt it that's awesome and I have a crisp $100 bill that every single christian in this room will tell me the exact same story. I can however point you to a large group of people who are like me. Who went to church with parents as a kid, was told there is only one way to get to heaven and that every answer to every question on life is in that book. There is scripture for everything. I remember being in the team room in Iraq with all the guys huddled up. We go over yesterday, cover today's objectives, and before heading out the unit chaplain comes in and we of course pray. I can't tell you how many times I came back in a typical day, killed 5 insurgents, saw a handful of young marines die, maybe if I am lucky I see no women or kids blown up or a head in the street. That's a typical day in Ramadi 2006. Then I go back to the Chaplin to get my head straight and he always had a great answer for me involving scripture of course, that it's all part of God's plan and to put my worries in his hands. I did of course and as you can imagine I went out the next day and the day after and saw the exact same outcome. At what point do I start questioning the motives of all of it? I trusted of course because my parents taught me the same things they were taught and there parents before them which is funny because my grandfather and father went through the exact same thing I did in war. There thinking changed because of it but I was still stubborn in my ways. I carried a heavy burden in me for a long time until I had my own awakening. Your way is ok brother if you truly believe in it 100% but Iied to myself and faked it for 52 years. I know you guys have kids like me. What would you tell them if they decided to change paths to something similar to mine? Would you fear for them? Talk them out of it? It's easy to tell a guy you never met these things. What would you say to your own child?

When all is said and done we should all strive to live like there is a reward for everybody at the end even if you do or don't believe in said reward. Some of you have it all figured out, some of us will be on a spiritual journey until we leave the human shell behind because that journey is what now drives us. I see the reward for everybody but I get some of you only see it if you follow Path A and that's fine. We should all be happy for one another no matter the journey but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have been a christian for my entire life I just stopped putting labels on things, treat the bible as a teaching tool not a guide and I left the church behind for good. That's not a slam on anybody or their beliefs......

When all is said and done we should all strive to live like there is a reward for everybody at the end even if you do or don't believe in said reward. Some of you have it all figured out, some of us will be on a spiritual journey until we leave the human shell behind because that journey is what now drives us. I see the reward for everybody but I get some of you only see it if you follow Path A and that's fine. We should all be happy for one another no matter the journey but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have been a christian for my entire life I just stopped putting labels on things, treat the bible as a teaching tool not a guide and I left the church behind for good. That's not a slam on anybody or their beliefs......
I appreciate your perspective on my beliefs and being inclusive of it. I accept and am satisfied with the Biblical account of creation and life, and is my hope and assurance of eternal life. I don’t expect everyone to believe that, and while I reject other notions, I have no issue at all with people proclaiming theirs. You are very civil with your conversations, as we all should be.

Watch this video. This is THE BEST explanation of my DMT experience. Took me forever to find a video from someone who can do accurately articulate what changed my perspective forever. This guy didn't experience the horrible part of it luckily but WOW

They can derived from just the human experience without any divine bases. I know this is hard for christians tomaccept but it is the raw truth. I'll give you an example.

Between the ages of 15 and 18 I had a pretty steady girlfriend. The summer I graduated high school I screwed up and cheated on her wiith her step sister. I ended up getting mono which is how I got caught. Now according to you I should have feared god for my sin and how I wronged her. In reality having to talk to her and see her devastation and heartache as JUST a human being was enough to solidify a moral in me never to do that to anyone again. Just a simple human trait not instilled by my fear of god as I was athiest already at that point. The fact that i see everyone as just human being woth human feeling and emotions is enough for me to not ever willingly deceive or betray them (with exceptions for truly evil people).

I, according to your doctrine i owed my girlfriend nothing. No apology, no explanation, no remorse to her personally but to god instead. As long as I shut my eyes and said "Jesus forgive me" all was good right?

Once had a friend say he feared athiest because we could do anything without fear of god. I said I fear christians because they can do whatever they want and simply ask for forgiveness to some god and instantly absolve themselves of their behavior. They could cheat 100 times and as long as they ask for forgiveness all is good.

Back