• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

You're welcome. Your post is everything that is wrong with today's Christianity. Sandbar has been clear that he was struggling and that he took a big step with the therapy he underwent and how it's changed him and helped him and all you can do is tell him he is wrong.
Weak. Sandbar asked for the discussion.

All I can do is try and pray but in the end

Phil. 2: 9-11 "Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
It's just the words of men who are fallable and fallable men make for bad teachers. I can name some very bad teachers out there today even if they are kind hearted in their own minds and men back in biblical days were far more barbaric than we are today. Don't forget they nailed Jesus to a cross. That's who I am supposed to put my trust in over myself?

It's just the words of men who are fallable and fallable men make for bad teachers. I can name some very bad teachers out there today even if they are kind hearted in their own minds and men back in biblical days were far more barbaric than we are today. Don't forget they nailed Jesus to a cross. That's who I am supposed to put my trust in over myself?
I guess my question would be can we stipulate that God exists or not? If the answer is no, then there's not really much to discuss at the end of the day. And I don't mean a feeling or a state of being or a meditative moment. I mean an actual, real entity - God.

But you serve him out of fear. Yes you absolutely do. You fear hell. You fear not seeing your loved ones after they are gone. You have never met me and you fear I'm not going to heaven because I don't think exactly like Christianity demands we do. Have you ever been close to death or had a divine experience in your life? I'm not talking god hearing your prayers or being beside a loved one as they pass but an experience that was so powerful that it had the ability to actually transform you? I have had that experience and it is profound and powerful!

Not being judgmental, but I have a question. Did the guy who supposedly died and went to hell and come back have a divine experience or the kid who came back from heaven? Or the people who have communicated with the dead, or angels or demons. Or the people who were abducted and probed by aliens? Did Mohammed have a divine experience or Joseph Smith? Which experience is correct?

Not being judgmental, but I have a question. Did the guy who supposedly died and went to hell and come back have a divine experience or the kid who came back from heaven? Or the people who have communicated with the dead, or angels or demons. Or the people who were abducted and probed by aliens? Did Mohammed have a divine experience or Joseph Smith? Which experience is correct?
I don’t think I understand your question? It sounds like you yourself are wondering if you picked the right belief or not. Though I don’t think that’s what you are saying

I guess my question would be can we stipulate that God exists or not? If the answer is no, then there's not really much to discuss at the end of the day. And I don't mean a feeling or a state of being or a meditative moment. I mean an actual, real entity - God.
So what would God as a real entity appear as? A man?

So what would God as a real entity appear as? A man?
God is everywhere, in my mind we are a part of god. Gods domain is one, it’s everything and we live in it and are a part of it. Therefore God is everywhere. God is definitely not just a man.

I can't answer for someone else divine experience. There is no way. I could tell you about mine. Am I right? How would you even know? I'm not that powerful. I mean there are millions of these experiences

God is everywhere, in my mind we are a part of god. Gods domain is one, it’s everything and we live in it and are a part of it. Therefore God is everywhere. God is definitely not just a man.
Absolutely! Everything in this universe manifest itself but it it's all the same thing. Light, frequency, vibration, the creator. We all go back to source

I don’t think I understand your question? It sounds like you yourself are wondering if you picked the right belief or not. Though I don’t think that’s what you are saying

My question is what makes an experience one has right and valid. Even among Christians individual experiences vary greatly. People around the world, Kings, religions and even Christians have used individual experiences to do things; good or bad, fight battles, marry certain people, ect and so on. Are all of these divine experiences and thus should be trusted for one’s direction?

I can't answer for someone else divine experience. There is no way. I could tell you about mine. Am I right? How would you even know? I'm not that powerful. I mean there are millions of these experiences

Like I said, I’m not gonna argue a point, so you agree that arguing politics and the happenings of any people on the earth is pretty much pointless?

My question is what makes an experience one has right and valid. Even among Christians individual experiences vary greatly. People around the world, Kings, religions and even Christians have used individual experiences to do things; good or bad, fight battles, marry certain people, ect and so on. Are all of these divine experiences and thus should be trusted for one’s direction?
I suppose, but the difference is sandbar isn’t trying to take his divine experience and convince others that his divine experience must be taken as truth by all. Nor is he promising eternal condemnation or even salvation, he is only expressing what has brought him peace.

I suppose, but the difference is sandbar isn’t trying to take his divine experience and convince others that his divine experience must be taken as truth by all. Nor is he promising eternal condemnation or even salvation, he is only expressing what has brought him peace.

This is true, but without actual truth, none of this matters. It doesn’t matter if he is expressing peacefully or threatening to kill us for not understanding or whatever point he wants to make. It doesn’t matter if I care or not. Our political forum is no doubt a complete waste of time that our worthless lives have been allotted. He, you and I have the right to believe what we want and what matters, but the abstract subjective truth of people fascinates me.

Imagine a man sitting on the tallest mountain alone, meditating with the wind blowing and silence from outside distractions. Down below in the valley are the organized religions arguing who is more right in their dogma. Shouting at each other, cursing each other, shaking fist and pointing fingers at one another. Longing to continue the argument until he wins! Just utter chaos. That is EGO. The man on the mountain sits in quiet alone with his thoughts because he now has control over that same ego. Is either wrong? Is the man on the mountain wrong and the valley dwellers right? Who do you think is more at peace within his spiritual journey?

Imagine a man sitting on the tallest mountain alone, meditating with the wind blowing and silence from outside distractions. Down below in the valley are the organized religions arguing who is more right in their dogma. Shouting at each other, cursing each other, shaking fist and pointing fingers at one another. Longing to continue the argument until he wins! Just utter chaos. That is EGO. The man on the mountain sits in quiet alone with his thoughts because he now has control over that same ego. Is either wrong? Is the man on the mountain wrong and the valley dwellers right? Who do you think is more at peace within his spiritual journey?

Maybe those in the valley in chaos were once on the mountain in meditation and found out that chaos is peace and the man currently on the mountain is just behind in spiritual growth.

Maybe those in the valley in chaos were once on the mountain in meditation and found out that chaos is peace and the man currently on the mountain is just behind in spiritual growth.
I don't think that's the case but sure why not. Enjoy the chaos. I certainly won't sit in judgement if you do!

Back