• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

For many many years, the Holy Bible (KJV) has been taught to the most un-educated folks, and they could understand it just fine. If you read the book of The Revelation, it clearly states in chapter 22.....
If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life. I would not want to be the that person who left out something.... or added something ...... do you follow me? Better to stick with the Bible of my father, grandfather, and my great-grandfather before him. ".......Think on these things"
Look I'm a KJV person myself to a degree but not 100%. I've had this conversation with my dad so many times but the KJV is itself a translation. You're quoting a passage of scripture that was literally translated from the Hebrew to the KJV, who is to say the Bible translation prior to KJV is the only correct one? Keep in mind the KJV translation was the early 1600s, you mean all Biblical publications prior to that were incorrect? I get what you are saying and I have issue with so many translations, it can get dicey, that's why it's important to not only read it, but pray for discernment and study or at least talk to those that have studied original language of the Bible to get a full understanding.

Last edited:
Look I'm a KJV person myself to a degree but not 100%. I've had this conversation with my dad so many times but the KJV is itself a translation. You're quoting a passage of scripture that was literally translated from the Hebrew to the KJV, who is to say the Bible translation prior to KJV is the only correct one? Keep in mind the KJV translation was the early 1600s, you mean all Biblical publications prior to that were incorrect? I get what you are saying and I have issue with so many translations, it's can get dicey, that's why it's important to not only read it, but pray for discernment and study or at least talk to those that have studied original language of the Bible to get a full understanding.
Pretty much the same here. I only use a KJV, but have little issues with most of the other translations. I really like the KJV because it challenges me to look into the Strong’s quite a bit.

Pretty much the same here. I only use a KJV, but have little issues with most of the other translations. I really like the KJV because it challenges me to look into the Strong’s quite a bit.
I agree with this too, when I am using the KJV I actually am challenged to dig deeper to get a better understanding

If you were a Spanish-speaking Christian in Mexico, I doubt the KJV would be helpful to you, if you didn't understand English (regardless of modern or 1600s English).

You might use a Spanish translation like La Reina Valera... which is, like the KJV in older English, in an older form of Spanish. So, there are also newer translations in modern Spanish, since the older translation in Spanish is now also harder to understand to modern Spanish-speaking people.

Language changes over time. There was originally a Bible translated into Latin, because that was the common language at the time. Over the centuries, that changed, and the need arose for newer translations into languages people read and spoke in later times. This is not the sort of thing you can lock down for all time.

The KJV you use today most likely isn't the original one translated in 1611. There were later editions that modified some things. The KJV you use today is likely a modified version a hundred years after the original 1611 version. If you happen to find an original 1611 KJV text, you'll find things like different spellings and other differences.

Anyway, all that isn't intended to rattle anyone's frame of context of what you know. The main thing is whether your faith is in God and His ability to reveal His word to you through varieties of languages and translations of the text.

If you were a Spanish-speaking Christian in Mexico, I doubt the KJV would be helpful to you, if you didn't understand English (regardless of modern or 1600s English).

You might use a Spanish translation like La Reina Valera... which is, like the KJV in older English, in an older form of Spanish. So, there are also newer translations in modern Spanish, since the older translation in Spanish is now also harder to understand to modern Spanish-speaking people.

Language changes over time. There was originally a Bible translated into Latin, because that was the common language at the time. Over the centuries, that changed, and the need arose for newer translations into languages people read and spoke in later times. This is not the sort of thing you can lock down for all time.

The KJV you use today most likely isn't the original one translated in 1611. There were later editions that modified some things. The KJV you use today is likely a modified version a hundred years after the original 1611 version. If you happen to find an original 1611 KJV text, you'll find things like different spellings and other differences.

Anyway, all that isn't intended to rattle anyone's frame of context of what you know. The main thing is whether your faith is in God and His ability to reveal His word to you through varieties of languages and translations of the text.
Yeah for sure. It really important to understand the translation that you're using and the method and process that went into producing it. There are quite a few translations on the market nowadays that masquerade as modern language updates but in actuality twist meanings in many places. In addition to all that you said, each of us should understand what went into the translation that we elevate and where/if it deviates from historically accepted translations and then determine if that is material or not.

Why do you think KJV is the "true word of God" and other translations are not?
The Bible is God’s book. He gave it by inspiration. The words of scripture are God’s words. But not only did God give His words to man, He also promised to preserve them… for specific reasons. They are shown to us in the Bible. We believe that we have the perfectly preserved words of God in our King James Bible, also called the “Holy Bible” or KJV. Today, hundreds of books call themselves Bibles. However, in my opinion, only the KJV is God’s perfectly preserved words in English.

The Bible is God’s book. He gave it by inspiration. The words of scripture are God’s words. But not only did God give His words to man, He also promised to preserve them… for specific reasons. They are shown to us in the Bible. We believe that we have the perfectly preserved words of God in our King James Bible, also called the “Holy Bible” or KJV. Today, hundreds of books call themselves Bibles. However, in my opinion, only the KJV is God’s perfectly preserved words in English.
For 1600 years after Jesus walked the earth (one thousand six hundred years… over a millennium and a half), there was no King James Version of the Bible. There were actually some English translations before the KJV (Wycliffe, Tyndale, Geneva, and Bishop’s Bibles).Who’s to say the KJV was anymore “perfectly preserved” than those?

Actually, the English Christian world was slow to adopt the KJV. Some actually resisted and didn’t trust it for a long time.

So up until 1611 people who wanted to follow Christ were subjected to a tainted or inferior word of God and were subject to following him in error because God didn’t give his perfect word until 1611 because he preferred English speaking people in the British Isles over the other peoples and languages of the world. So I’m guessing you think God was directly whispering in the ears of the men picked by James I to translate the Bible James wanted even though they were translating from Textus Receptus and not from the original ancient Koine Greek and Aramaic writings like the American Standard Version.

I do know of some LGBT people who have sought out church and acknowledge God, and some who are Christians. Often their struggle is "can I continue in this lifestyle and still be a Christian, will the church accept me, etc?" I think the biggest source of confusion here is that we stopped calling sin what it is. Sex outside of marriage became so common and people were having so much fun doing it that people stopped calling it sin. If we don't think of it as sin then why struggle against it at all; why not just go with what feels right? Same thing with LGBT. People wanted to remove the association with sin because they wanted to engage rather than fight it. Add in "pride" of being different from the majority and make it only about emotion and "how I'm born" and we end up where we are now. But if God exists and gives us the moral code, we don't get to make the rules. It's not about we want or how we feel. When we make it about that we are acting as if we are God, which brings us back to pride.

This is very interesting. If you read 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 and read especially verse 11. It is that verse that makes it scary. When we believe all the falsehoods to be ok or to believe that they are truth… God at some point lets us believe it! Again, that is scary because He is saying, “Ok, if that’s what you want to do… ie. have sexual relations outside of marriage then do it”. I am witness to this because I had lived it for 9 years until last March. I believed it was “ok” because we were “committed” and so did she. I can’t say enough how the culture we live in is the most deceitful illusions you will find. It’s in music. It’s everywhere. Then in verse 12 we are all judged accordingly. The way I see it we were both “raised from the dead” by discontinuing the relationship. Why didn’t we marry? Honestly that’s another discussion but for now I, we, have to get to a place of the Truth, capital T, and focus on Jesus Christ more than ever and to abide in Him is to obey His rules. Is it tough? Of course it is… but we have hope if we keep searching the Word with all our hearts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back