• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc All Things Religious

Revival always starts with self 1st. Humble yourself is plastered all over Gods word.

"and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land"

I get the feeling that there will be one last surge of Christianity in America before the rapture. Only fitting that it should begin with the younger generation. If you read the book of Revelation, It refers to earthquakes, wars and disease. It reads like the 6 o'clock news. Jesus is coming soon folks. I pray that those who refuse to believe would accept him before it's too late.

Who can say right now if this a revival or not but it is so beautiful to see people from all over coming together to celebrate the love and grace of our Lord. It is easy to despair at the current state of our world and culture, especially with the speed of our own country's trajectory, but this is a wonderful reminder that God is alive in the hearts of people, always, no matter what. And how awesome to see on a college campus, where so much intentional wordly indoctrination has occurred, and in which generation has so much harmful corruption been infused.

Some people are so easily offended I’m not sure how they even live their lives with any degree of happiness.

Rarely do I even notice what someone is wearing, much less give a damn about it. I suppose to a liberal it’s about being able to control someone else, or at least label them. We know how liberals love to label people and control people’s actions and freedoms. Most conservatives just like to have fun and get along with everyone, and could care less what someone is wearing. However, it’s to a degree because I don’t want my daughter going to a bathroom and seeing a penis, so we do have our limits on freedom too.

If you just love God with ALL your heart, soul and mind. Mathew 22:37

Just focus on that one thing. You want have to think about all those other social laundry list of items. If every individial would humble themselves, lose their pride,me first,my way only. Instead surrender and follow Gods way. You would have harmony on earth like you never could imagine.

If you just love God with ALL your heart, soul and mind. Mathew 22:37

Just focus on that one thing. You want have to think about all those other social laundry list of items. If every individial would humble themselves, lose their pride,me first,my way only. Instead surrender and follow Gods way. You would have harmony on earth like you never could imagine.
The thing is, the evangelical version of Christianity in America has harmed untold thousands and thousands of individuals. Does "losing my pride" mean that if I'm a member of the LGBTQ+ community, I cant be part of a Christian community? If I'm a woman, I cant preach? Is that what you're getting at? Like Dr. Barber has said, why does the american church talk so much about what god talks so little and why do we talk so little about what god talks so much about?

Also, if we're going to quote Matthew to people, I'm going to need someone to pass on to the folks at Asbury that they need to read Matthew 6: 5-7.

Last edited:
I love pleasantries like this. What does "love your neighbor" include? Exclude?
I think he's talking about all of us. He's certainly talking about me. Loving your neighbor is exceptionally simple - meeting and loving people right where they are. It's standing up for the marginalized in society, just like Jesus would have.

The thing is, the evangelical version of Christianity in America has harmed untold thousands and thousands of individuals. Does "losing my pride" mean that if I'm a member of the LGBTQ+ community, I cant be part of a Christian community? If I'm a woman, I cant preach? Is that what you're getting at? Like Dr. Barber has said, why does the american church talk so much about what god talks so little and why do we talk so little about what god talks so much about?

Also, if we're going to quote Matthew to people, I'm going to need someone to pass on to the folks at Asbury that they need to read Matthew 6: 5-7.
What is Asbury doing That is so wrong?

It's in direct violation of what Jesus said in Matthew 6: 5-7.
That's great let's just shut down all the churches since they have public prayer. The main goal of Christianity is to bring man closer to God. Everything else is just religious dogma that
accomplishes nothing. God forbid anyone feels empowered to make positive changes by worshiping God. Most revival start that exact way.

I think he's talking about all of us. He's certainly talking about me. Loving your neighbor is exceptionally simple - meeting and loving people right where they are. It's standing up for the marginalized in society, just like Jesus would have.
Jesus did say to love your neighbor. And it's such a nice thing to repeat. In fact, the phrase really distills everything down to that exceptionally simple, as you say, concept. Just love people where they are and go on about your business, right? Is that what Jesus meant? Because that's the way it gets used, just like the guy above.

But fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your point of view, there's quite a bit more to the story. What else did Jesus say? "Go, and sin no more". We love to omit that part of the message of love. But there is great meaning and importance there, and it reveals just as much of the character of God as "Love thy neighbor" does. And it needs to be strongly considered, continually.

That's great let's just shut down all the churches since they have public prayer. The main goal of Christianity is to bring man closer to God. Everything else is just religious dogma that
accomplishes nothing. God forbid anyone feels empowered to make positive changes by worshiping God. Most revival start that exact way.
I think you're missing the forest for the trees here. Certainly, praying and meeting together has always been an important part of the church and Christianity. I may absolutely be incorrect in my assumption that this is performative but given my history growing up in the evangelical church, it certainly looks and sounds like that sort of duck. They arent standing in the gap for others as Jesus would have, it feels like they are having a "look at me" moment which Jesus explicitly spoke against.

Maybe something positive does come out of this. I certainly hope that it does but it's just hard for me to buy that right now.

I think you're missing the forest for the trees here. Certainly, praying and meeting together has always been an important part of the church and Christianity. I may absolutely be incorrect in my assumption that this is performative but given my history growing up in the evangelical church, it certainly looks and sounds like that sort of duck. They arent standing in the gap for others as Jesus would have, it feels like they are having a "look at me" moment which Jesus explicitly spoke against.

Maybe something positive does come out of this. I certainly hope that it does but it's just hard for me to buy that right now.
There's bad apples in every group. The church is led by flawed people there's always going to be people that makes mistakes. That's the reason people don't want to go to church because they're told that everything's got to be perfect and everybody's got to be perfect.

Back