• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ah-choo April Discussion

NWS COOP MOS FORECAST
Nearest town to Gainesville on the list (15 miles north) - they tend to nail it very well:
Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_4.22.23_PM.png

A below 40º low will not be a surprise Sat/Sun ... :p

For mby this is the official forecast and I'm always a couple of degrees colder and if winds go calm I bet I bottom out around 34-35!
Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy.
Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38
Saturday Sunny, with a high near 60.
Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 37.

For mby this is the official forecast and I'm always a couple of degrees colder and if winds go calm I bet I bottom out around 34-35!
Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy.
Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38
I hope you get to 29º just for the archive ;)

I'll be riding that cool train for the next few days, then turning on my lawn irrigation system. Not one drop of rain out of today's systems.

Why can't we have more winters like 1898-99. Even after that massive blizzard in mid Feb 1899 and another formidable storm in late January 1899, another snowstorm hit central NC on this date in Apr 1899, dumping 5-6"+ inches of snow along/near the HWY 264 corridor between Raleigh and Greenville...
April 4-5 1899 NC Snowmap.png

In 1898-9, ATL had a whopping 9.9" of SN/IP, 5th highest in record with measurable in 4 different months! Per Webber, this was a neutral negative ENSO winter.

Last edited:
In 1898-9, ATL had a whopping 9.9" of SN/IP, 5th highest in record with measurable in 4 different months! Per Webber, this was a neutral negative ENSO winter.
Hey Larry!
You think we'll crack below 40º on Saturday AM? MOS has High Springs at 38º for 2 nights ... LOL :cool:
Best,
Phil

Gonna be down right cold a couple of nights here, this from the Rah AFD

The thermal trough will shift east as well on Saturday, with high
pressure to settle overhead late Saturday, resulting in the best
chance of frost (and even a few freezing temps) Saturday night.

What's amazing is that yours truly who usually can't even tell what time of day it is somehow caught on ... :confused:

(someone's (or lots of someones) been teaching me here more in 4 months than I ever got since American 1st went on line .... :))

Last edited:
Back