• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Ablazing August

There is a certain weenie who literally 3 or 4 days ago said no more shots at 100 this year who's been suspiciously absent this week.
Hm don’t think this was me but I certainly didn’t believe an 100 day would come .. but then again we used to get strings of 100+ more often than recent .. if the dog days are just a dog DAY and for only RDU then I think we can handle that!

Would you be talking about the same weenie who thinks there are no dry areas in the Carolina's because his yard is waterlogged?
As I’ve always said western NC has struggled to get their danglies wet .. eastern NC is a bit waterlogged .. now central NC is taking a beating which has been noticeable we haven’t had a decent storm in a while I dont know who Thinks apex is a water capital but not as of recently. Luckily showers and thunderstorm look to be more prominent the next few days and should correct this 2FE605DF-EDE3-468B-8EF7-B2AE47C476DA.png

As I’ve always said western NC has struggled to get their danglies wet .. eastern NC is a bit waterlogged .. now central NC is taking a beating which has been noticeable we haven’t had a decent storm in a while I dont know who Thinks apex is a water capital but not as of recently. Luckily showers and thunderstorm look to be more prominent the next few days and should correct this View attachment 88172
Its me and its mostly Wilsonville area (I consider it Apex) and I went through a heavy shower just a few days ago there.

I also wonder if those soil maps are lagging behind the drought, meaning its not showing how bad it is. I havent had rain at all and my soil cant be beat with a hammer.
I can't see where that map is very accurate. I've had 12 inches since June 1st which is close to average. But 4 inches came in a few hrs and just ran off. Hasn't rained in 9 days at all here and it shows me doing better than places like Concord where it rains every single day. I find that hard to believe. Only explanation is my soil holds moisture better than the soil farther east.

I can't see where that map is very accurate. I've had 12 inches since June 1st which is close to average. But 4 inches came in a few hrs and just ran off. Hasn't rained in 9 days at all here and it shows me doing better than places like Concord where it rains every single day. I find that hard to believe. Only explanation is my soil holds moisture better than the soil farther east.
If the bright colors on the map are for dry soil then I can tell you that over Union County, NC is way off. Up until the last few days, most of the county has had fairly consistent rainfall at least every few days throughout the summer

It's the best real time higher res map I've found but it's not without its flaws.

Hey @NickyBGuarantee was not alone I’m pretty sure me and @SD said something similar lol.
Yeah I said the same thing. I didn’t think any of us would have anymore shots at 100 and I ended up being not to far off yesterday myself. My high was 98 which was the hottest of the summer.

Already over 3500 joules of SBcape, looks like cape is edging to the higher side of guidance, along with solid mid level lapse rates and large Dcape, probably gonna be a handful of pulse-severe convection 4B70F970-2875-4570-95BC-C40C1497016F.gif9611BDED-5671-4EAC-BC9E-76AA32FE8CE7.gifE4C4F654-1D9F-4436-9F7B-73DAC2C1C8BE.gif

Yeah I said the same thing. I didn’t think any of us would have anymore shots at 100 and I ended up being not to far off yesterday myself. My high was 98 which was the hottest of the summer.
Did any other official stati9n in the area hit or exceed 100?

Back