• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/19/20-4/20/20 Severe Weather

Good news is this rotation has weakened alot and turned more into a straight line winds. Still dangerous and lots of rain. Heavy rain is the main threat with this supercell plus some winds

Mountains disrupt tornadoes correct? You never hear of western NC getting many Tornadoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a common misconception. They may not form as often in mountainous areas, but they can still strike and even go up and over mountains. In some cases local topography can accelerate winds in parts of a tornado.

storms arent even bad here but the thunder is lasting for ever and literally shaking my house

If I can post my video I will. The possible tornado came 20 miles south of me and it got rough at my place.

Just an observation and maybe my eyes are deceiving me. I wonder if we are starting to see a wake low form in the backside of this rain shield in the circled area. Note the sharp precip cutoff.Screenshot_20200419-222546_RadarScope.jpg

Significant wind damage likely with this View attachment 39904
Microburst?..those can get interesting. Those straight line 100mph winds are no joke. Had one here about 11-12 years ago and it was terrifying. Laid 100+ year old Oak trees down facing the same direction all throughout town. Pretty wild

Back