• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/19/20-4/20/20 Severe Weather

And so it begins ?. Im curious to wether south alabama will be put under a high risk. I doubt it but its not out of the realm of possibilities Screenshot_20200419-110755_Chrome.jpg

Mod maintained
day1otlk_1630.gif

Man, LA has over 4500 j of instability at 11:00 thats insane. Also note were the warm front is by the sattelite picture and sbcape plot. sbcp-2.gif1kmv-2.gif

Rain totals are really adding up between Birmingham and Montgomery with that training line of storms. Already seeing some 4-5 inch rain reports and their chance of rain continues through tonight.

Would like to note smoke is pluming northward again towards us for this event. Wonder how thatll effect things if the cap will be strengthened. IMG_20200419_112237.jpgIMG_20200419_112211.jpg

That south/central Alabama area... is there a good TV livestream SVR source, like out of Montgomery, or Mobile maybe?

Boundaries everywhere. If one or two Supercell become isolated, it may get ugly in a hurry.
I think thats what some models are hinting at, the possibility with the updraft helicity swaths lets not hope so though.

I was thinking that high pressure in west Ga would lessen the threat around LaGrange. It’s still 50 degrees here!
Boundaries everywhere. If one or two Supercell become isolated, it may get ugly in a hurry.

Tornado watch out for LA/MS, probs are 90/70. NOT a PDS watch
ww0121_radar.gif
A little suprised but considerding things become more favorable this afternoon its understandable. Likely be a pds watch later in the afternoon. Doesnt take a pds watch though for violent long track tornadoes though.

Back