• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/11/20 - 4/13/20 Severe Weather Outbreak

Temp still rising here, Dp has plateaued for now. 74/66 Definitely feel the mugginess and humidity when I was outside a few minutes ago. Just got home from work.

VWP hodo from GSP and Columbia, quite impressive large low level hodos with lots of SRH already and somewhat decent critical angles, also note how the whole hodo from The surface to 3km and 3-10km is literally cyclonic
GSP
D704EAAE-3614-4E41-A356-26D14CB0977B.jpeg
CAE 119C56FE-EC99-4403-8E59-1046FF43F52D.jpeg

Watch out Mount Airy NC that storm appears to be growing again after leaving Wilkes. Going to need another warning

That Tornado way out ahead of the main line had my fiancé shook. We have a Clayton Home so we came across the farmstead to stay at my dad’s tonight?

I know it’s been mentioned that this setup wasn’t necessarily favorable for large hail, but has there been any reports of hail in Alabama and East? I seen the pics earlier of the hail further west

I know it’s been mentioned that this setup wasn’t necessarily favorable for large hail, but has there been any reports of hail in Alabama and East? I seen the pics earlier of the hail further west

I don't see any hail reports east of MS.

EDIT: There were a couple reports several hours ago in AL. Blount/Etowah Counties.

It's now 77 with a heat index of 79. Pretty unreal.

Still kind of debating setting an alarm for way earlier than normal for me just to check on the progress of these storms.

Edit: Think I'm gonna gamble a little here and just sleep, like I said elsewhere (what I normally do even on nights like this). Maybe I'll sleep through a heavy storm or be woken up, who knows?

Last edited:
Back