• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/11/20 - 4/13/20 Severe Weather Outbreak

Winds have been gusting here to 40 even without any rain for the last couple of hours. Hopefully won’t lose power. Dewpoints up to a summery 71-2.

Chattanooga had a worst case scenario. Major hit to very very populated area. Had to go check on my house. (Luckily okay) but lots of damage and houses destroyed

Ya, it isn't pretty. Literal army of first responders swarming the area. To put into perspective, Gunbarrel Rd from East Brainerd Rd to Commons Blvd has zero power, aside from the backup generators at Erlanger East. Completely dark.

Seriously thought we wouldn't get the worst of it this time. The worst looked West and South of me. I've lived here since 2010 and then went through 2011, 2012, and then the 2016 Ocoee, TN tornado passed almost overhead and hit 3-1/2 miles away. And now tonight AGAIN sooooo close! I moved a little closer to Cleveland and this one also hit just 3-1/2 miles away. WTH???

Ya, it isn't pretty. Literal army of first responders swarming the area. To put into perspective, Gunbarrel Rd from East Brainerd Rd to Commons Blvd has zero power, aside from the backup generators at Erlanger East. Completely dark.
How close is the hit area to the area that got hit by that monster tornado several years ago around Apison Pike?

Back