• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/11/20 - 4/13/20 Severe Weather Outbreak

Boy if something gets into southern Alabama, that environment is RIPE

Yep gonna need to watch those storms that are currently in Louisiana, they've gotten strong and look like they could be heading toward going that way. That might well be the next problem area.

Although the my purposes problem right now is that the tornado warned storms that were around Birmingham if they don't weaken, might cross over areas where my family live in NW GA.

Well as warm front displaced the wedge.. temp from 55 to 68 now.. DP at 67.. wind from SSW and when fog cleared and can see cloud base, they are pure Screaming NE .. Now feels/looks "severe primed"...

a6a8e9e9913da49d98ae601f90f63949.jpg

Still holding here for now but it’s a matter of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like rotation is slowing down a bit in Bama?

Lull, I20 is about the northern extent in MS based on cape, things should start picking back up around 7 with south central AL under the gun till about 11pm. Pockets of STP values approaching 13 surging in between now and about 10pm for central AL.

Very erie.

uh25_max.us_se.png
Question : Where I live in Buckhead I saw the low clouds and fog moving rapidly west/northwest all day from my vantage point in my condo tower, even once into an oncoming line of storms. Now the fog has lifted, it’s warmer and muggy, but clouds are still screaming northwest. Isn’t the upper level flow coming out of the southwest, though? Am I seeing low-level and upper level dynamics? Big fan. Just curious.

Back