• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

4/11/20 - 4/13/20 Severe Weather Outbreak

mean looking QLCS with embedded supercells, soundings very supportive as well, even at night thermodynamics are solid for a high end HSLC event, hodo is scary, shear is scary, and I thought that setup back in February was scary 47E50FC3-F1FD-4975-ABDF-E5A22C27E195.pngB6DD087E-B160-4DCE-9100-F2805C1C838A.jpeg
also that CIPS analog looks similar to last years moderate 6171636C-321E-4237-BD98-9A01F045FCEC.jpegBF976A2D-BD74-4289-82B7-69ACFFA765BF.jpeg

Early morning timing too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We hardly ever get the diurnal timing right around here. Usually morning or overnight stuff that looks bad 5 days out but ends up not a big deal. The parameters with this setup appear to be pretty impressive, but we have a long way to go. Would like to see better timing before getting too excited...for here, I mean.

GFS completely folded to the Euro, still ticking NW on this run. Embarrassing.
Really shows you the strength and superiority of the euro. It was at a disadvantage and more susceptible to issues with the ongoing issue of lack of data from aircraft due to the coronavirus. And the gfs still had to play catch up.

Whens reed timmer going to start saying historic tornado outbreak likely?. Hes probaby too caught up in the severe weather up north so i give it a day.

Sorry guys for this but I have been asleep all day for work tonight. Is this for Sunday or Sunday night? Timing is of great concern for me for family daycare reasons.

Sorry guys for this but I have been asleep all day for work tonight. Is this for Sunday or Sunday night? Timing is of great concern for me for family daycare reasons.
Right now for your area it would be arriving just before 12z Monday

Euro is basically showing Apr 16 2011 part ii in the Carolinas

Very odd you stated that. Thursday's record high was set in 2011 at Charleston with 90...(lot of similarities indeed). Locally we had a brief but failed attempt at a supercell in Summerville... Storm was sheared apart by marine influences in the early afternoon). But we all know what happened basically just north of here and into NC that day

GFS completely folded to the Euro, still ticking NW on this run. Embarrassing.
It’s very far off when you were showing the euro rain totals of 2-4”+. GFS is half inch of rain if that and less for the NC/VA border areas. Anyone with tropical tidbits can see you are flat out wrong saying it completely folded. I know the GFS sucks but you are being wishy-washy showing the euro extremes then falsely saying the GFS folded. I’m mostly tracking the rain which most need in their gardens.

It’s very far off when you were showing the euro rain totals of 2-4”+. GFS is half inch of rain if that and less for the NC/VA border areas. Anyone with tropical tidbits can see you are flat out wrong saying it completely folded. I know the GFS sucks but you are being wishy-washy showing the euro extremes then falsely saying the GFS folded. I’m mostly tracking the rain which most need in their gardens.

GFS is trending towards the euro anyways, with severe and rain, the gfs has basically folded... in being a complete trash model, lol FF7D1FE8-9BD0-4409-9A96-7EB5EDBE598A.gif

Back