• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/24-3/26 possible severe wx

I mean last week kinda did, I think last week people were expecting several wedge tornadoes and EF5s to hit homes and cities, and I guess since it didn’t, it was a bust, but the 45% area verified in AL, some of the FB posts are downright ------ stupid towards spann
as far as number of tornadoes, yes, but I believe that is largely a function of increased surveying capabilities, etc. The system didn't produce a tornado greater than EF2 and the outbreak was virtually non existent in MS where the 'bullseye' of the high risk was placed. I would go on to say that a high risk predicated on strong violent long track tornadoes not producing such would be considered somewhat of a not living up to its potential.

last week I never really bought the hype. This system look far more concerning. Only problem is that the public is going to be somewhat complacent due to last weeks system not living up to it's broadcasted potential

Despite the tornadoes being on the weaker end of the scale, last week was the 6th largest Tornado outbreak in Alabama history, didn't seem like it but last week was significant.

Last week was definitely a bust in Mississippi though. The initial high risk was mostly for MS and they barely had any tornadoes while in a 30% hatched high risk

12k nam looked rough with the scattered cells kicking along with Ms/Al border rolling north. I'm curious to just how linear the stuff farther west in Ms gets

Also, while “technically” not a bust from a numbers standpoint, I think any honest met is going to tell you that last week’s storm way underperformed from an overall forecast, potential, and impact perspective. I’m glad. I hope the same thing happens tomorrow.

Sure would be something to have another high risk within about a week from the last one. Sadly, severe weather season is just getting started.

When is this thing going high risk? Seems to be headed that way.
Probably 2am tommorow in the next update I imagine. Or atleast I think 2 am is when they update. Don't see reason why high risk wouldn't be issued at this point

Parameters are crazy for tomorrow and hrrr shows a very dangerous situation. Even if too many storms fire and congeal there will still be strong tors within those storm complexes. Yes, many discrete cells would be worst case scenario but those QLCS type embedded tors are just as dangerous. I personally think there will be a some sups but I believe there will be a lot of QLCS-esque tornadoes.

DAMN SON!!!

ac7c7529a46515da11f4507733fe53d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back