• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/24-3/26 possible severe wx

Both WRF focus on the boundary across north central AL. That is a very dangerous place to be tomorrow if it verified.

Edit: This one actually needs a high risk.
That’s 3/3/19 wind profiles with way more instability lol and more north

Like any event this does have some bust potential. Instability and like what has been alluded to "crapvection." Not that you can't get sig tornadoes with no sun. It's a double edge sword. In some cases you want to see this system bust. But if it happens again, the public is going to stop paying attention to SPC outlooks and forecasts in general.
This just feels different .. almost feels as if we Overplayed last week not realizing these are the actual conditions that can create long lived tornados and damaging severe storms .. I think this one is the real deal ... all the models have a deadly look with some real scraping supercells .. much more impressive than last weeks models (which were already fairly impressive)

Both WRF focus on the boundary across north central AL. That is a very dangerous place to be tomorrow if it verified.

Edit: This one actually needs a high risk.

Interesting to see some of those updraft helicities being shown in the Carolina's. Is that for tomorrow night?

Euro looks very much like the WRFs. Doesn’t back west 500mbs winds as much, but still very dangerous along the boundary across north AL.

I think this one could be more conducive for severe weather west of 77 this go around. This is one I think could sneak up on the upstate and NE GA. Hopefully we just get rain but severe storms and a possible tornado is definitely something to look out for even here.

I think this one could be more conducive for severe weather west of 77 this go around. This is one I think could sneak up on the upstate and NE GA. Hopefully we just get rain but severe storms and a possible tornado is definitely something to look out for even here.

Bingo I agree with this the hrrr also hints at conditions favorable for tornadoes after midnight Thursday. I’m not saying this will be like Seneca tornado but it does look a bit similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kindve expecting in the next outlook. For a big portion of north alabama to be in a high risk. Going off the helicity updraft tracks. Seems like the hackleburg area and nearby locations get the hammer dropped on them a lot.

Kindve expecting in the next outlook. For a big portion of north alabama to be in a high risk. Going off the helicity updraft tracks. Seems like the hackleburg area and nearby locations get the hammer dropped on them a lot.

Yeah, not good to have a boundary draped across this area. It’s where the monsters walk.

I don't know about the href. But this is a good readhttps://twitter.com/JacobLanierWx/status/1374795379720519685?s=19

Yep, last easter as a example

The problem on the other hand is if we apply our SE trend which often happens with the best blend of discrete forcing and the boundary/front not making it far north as modeled; it puts the highest threat from Jackson, MS to BHM to Gadsden.

Had full sunshine through 1:30pm. Now a Altocumulus field has developed.

Maybe a good sign for later.

I’m worried about the complacency of people this go round, after last weeks ‘bust’?? People will be like we had a high risk last week and only a few tornadoes after all the mega hype! I hope everybody stays safe tomorrow!

Back