• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/24-3/26 possible severe wx

That warning has pushed into South Carolina including the city of Anderson

My parents live off HWY 119, near the intersection of HWY 280. They are thankfully OK but they have not been able to get in touch with some friends that live in the Eagle Point or the Greystone Communities. FYI Spann's home in or near Greystone.

FYI- These are well-built subdivisions. Very few, if any mobile homes in the area.

These two cells will need to have some eyes on. If it can keep some isolation these two will be the ones the HRRR shows that could produce something Screenshot_20210325-143400.png

Jacksonville AL/Piedmont AL and then later on into Polk/Floyd county GA need to have eyes on that storm leaving Ragland

mcd0257.gif

What gets me is the HRRR shows a very strong updraft helicity swath for those two cells I circled earlier. I'm not sure whether conditions become.more favorable. But those could be troublesomeScreenshot_20210325-144332.png

These two cells will need to have some eyes on. If it can keep some isolation these two will be the ones the HRRR shows that could produce something View attachment 80456

So, despite this massive blob of rain currently in west AL, we are still favorable for significant storms later? I don’t understand it all, but I know that most of the time the rain hinders progression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back