• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/23-26 Severe Weather

I have not even looked at the weather today until just now. But man what a load of rain coming my way.

Wow at the rain. Holy cow and it’s been worse a few miles to my south. I’m not even gonna try to take my normal route to work because I know it’s underwater.

I've been watching LaGrange off and on in particular day. They've been ground zero for all of the flash fooding and severe t'storms so far.
We got hammered for pretty much 22 of the last 26 hours. Woke up to the tornado siren yesterday and a lightning show that was insane. Last night was just one strong storm after another and we registered just under 9" of rain in the gauge before I left this morning at 7. This has been a crazy year to date, 4 confirmed tornadoes within 20 miles in under 3 months. Yesterday being the largest, luckily in a fairly lower population area, but still a lot of damage.

We got hammered for pretty much 22 of the last 26 hours. Woke up to the tornado siren yesterday and a lightning show that was insane. Last night was just one strong storm after another and we registered just under 9" of rain in the gauge before I left this morning at 7. This has been a crazy year to date, 4 confirmed tornadoes within 20 miles in under 3 months. Yesterday being the largest, luckily in a fairly lower population area, but still a lot of damage.
Right there with you in Mcdonough.....just didn't get any tornado warnings.....this time.....but January was a different story

Not quite tennis ball size where I am, but the hail was golf ball size. I recorded a clip of it from my front porch. I’ll try to post it when I can.
Idk if it was the excitement of it in the moment or what, but looking back over the clip I recorded it definitely wasn't golf ball size either, more like quarter size. It sure seemed bigger in real time then.?

Back