• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/17/21 Severe Weather Outbreak Al/Ms/Tn/Ar nowcast

Avid lurker here. I'm located in Jackson, TN, east-northeast of Memphis. Very much invested in today... may not be able to post much, due to work requirements (public safety), but will try to update for MBY.

Warm front appears to be passing over right now. It's weird outside, too... you can tell something is amiss. Temp has risen dramatically this morning, and it's storming yet fog has formed in the past ~20 minutes. Frontal pressure trough passage and wind shift is ongoing, for those of you interested in the warm front's progress. I'll let you know if clearing gets going in earnest here in West TN.

(P.S. If you're a fellow West Tennessean, feel free to private message me. Or anyone, really, but you know ;).)

Oh ---- those MS temps
bigsfc.gif

12z BMX sounding. I imagine its got more of an inverted V look at low levels now since temp should be increasing
BMX.gif

Guy on TWC says this could be similar to 4/27/11, although not quite as bad :oops:
Based on the level of activity on this board and looking at current model trends, I don't believe them. Similar in that there may be tornadoes in the same areas, but not the same as in every freaking storm that fired up made a giant wedge like in 2011.

Guy on TWC says this could be similar to 4/27/11, although not quite as bad :oops:
Yeah I think that's a hard pass for me. My town got hit 2x and my county had the highest number of tornadoes in the state ?. Praying that this system busts but I know that's probably not gonna happen. Everyone stay safe over the next couple of days

Yeah I think that's a hard pass for me. My town got hit 2x and my county had the highest number of tornadoes in the state ?. Praying that this system busts but I know that's probably not gonna happen. Everyone stay safe over the next couple of days
I just pray that nobody dies and everyone who lives in a mobile home does the smart thing by finding a sturdier building.

It is still pretty cloudy in Birmingham. If the sun can’t break out today does that lessen the chance of tornadoes occurring?
I’d say it can’t hurt us to have less sun. That should only be a positive if you’re looking for less severe. But honestly it probably won’t matter due to the other dynamics at play later. Starting to get some breaks in the clouds per satellite in areas north and east of Birmingham.

Back