• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2024 Tropical Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets on my nerves people don’t know how to read the NHC forecasts. They are not “giving more odds of a s/e hit” it’s just simply their required by law margin of error they do in the extended..which can be even larger if the system stalls. If I was on the OBX I would prob be canceling reservations but nobody else just yet.

Gets on my nerves people don’t know how to read the NHC forecasts. They are not “giving more odds of a s/e hit” it’s just simply their required by law margin of error they do in the extended..which can be even larger if the system stalls. If I was on the OBX I would prob be canceling reservations but nobody else just yet.
Everything gets on your nerves....lol.

As someone heading to the NC coast for a week on Saturday, same.

But I find it hard to predict where this will go considering the storm hasn’t even formed yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes!! Heading there also. JeremyT mentioned that earlier as well, the storm has yet to take shape.

As someone heading to the NC coast for a week on Saturday, same.

But I find it hard to predict where this will go considering the storm hasn’t even formed yet!

I will say if a storm does form, the EURO has done excellent the last few years with tracks. The thing I’m watching right now isn’t just whether or not a storm forms, but the strength and location of that stout Bermuda high. If it’s what the EURO was showing on the 12z run today, it’s classic set up for a storm to come to approach or come into the Carolinas before turning northeast.

I will say if a storm does form, the EURO has done excellent the last few years with tracks. The thing I’m watching right now isn’t just whether or not a storm forms, but the strength and location of that stout Bermuda high. If it’s what the EURO was showing on the 12z run today, it’s classic set up for a storm to come to approach or come into the Carolinas before turning northeast.

That 12z euro was honestly best case scenario if a storm forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back