• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Site News 2022 Suggestion & Feedback Thread

Let people know why your banning them before you do it. Also, less banning.

To clear up some confusion; our warning system has a built in "time out" after so many removals/points. I think we still need to tweak it in the future though, but it's been working okay for the most part. I don't think you are personally being "banned" from a thread more so than the warning system is getting you for repeat offenses.

for those looking for info, opinions on specific regions by members in these regions, a simple filter would be nice. I enjoy reading all the posts but I'm also interested in reading what potential impacts may be for my area from local members who are more knowledgeable than me.

Y'all do a good job of having serious discussion while allowing it to be fun. Maintaining that balance is important as either end of the spectrum is no good.

Unless this place gets huge, splitting it up into regions would probably do more damage than good.

I prefer OBs and discussion being in one thread. With separate threads, inevitably someone will post in the wrong thread (e.g. an OB in the discussion thread) and it's more aggravating than not to switch back and forth between the 2

The moderating and organization with how threads are started is solid here

I think it's important to punish posting that doesn't follow the rules as this keeps things clean and people will get turned away if you don't (I always like to say that a rule isn't a rule unless there is a punishment associated with not following it).

I access the site equally from phone and laptop

In my opinion this is a better weather forum than the probably six others I've been a part of in different parts of the country because everyone has an equal voice if they have real questions or opinions. We are all weather enthusiasts here and everyone is looking for an outlet to talk to like minded individuals. I also don't think Mets or experts should be held to some different standard. They should be able to come here and be a weenie with the rest of us, speak to all of us on an equal level, and not be above the rules. That's been the downfall of most forums I've been a part of. It's supposed to be fun and not a dictatorship and that is what's been right here.

Just an idea but southernwx candles would be cool. Slap some lightning images from fro and I would spend $$. Maybe do a collaboration with the artist and the site both earning some $$. I just wanna collect and don’t need the $$. Or hurricane tracks. I imagine even the general public would go crazy over these to collect and honor the specific date. @brick would prob purchase that Raleigh snowstorm candle that led him to his wife. Maybe someone could reach out to webb to see if his snow maps could be placed on candles for custom orders. I would buy the ones that gave me 6” or more. Thoughts? Maybe could upgrade the site with the $$

Just an idea but southernwx candles would be cool. Slap some lightning images from fro and I would spend $$. Maybe do a collaboration with the artist and the site both earning some $$. I just wanna collect and don’t need the $$. Or hurricane tracks. I imagine even the general public would go crazy over these to collect and honor the specific date. @brick would prob purchase that Raleigh snowstorm candle that led him to his wife. Maybe someone could reach out to webb to see if his snow maps could be placed on candles for custom orders. I would buy the ones that gave me 6” or more. Thoughts? Maybe could upgrade the site with the $$
It has to have the Foothills and Piedmont wilkesboro county line in north Carolina and Tennessee, the CAD will really pull the Foothills snow totals to record breaking levels

I imagine others out of the Carolina’s would want some tornado honoring candles too (Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee)

I've always thought a Beer forum would be cool if there was enough interest. We all cover such a large area with great breweries, would be fun to see what people are drinking, recommendations, maybe even beer exchanges.

Reactions: SD
I've always thought a Beer forum would be cool if there was enough interest. We all cover such a large area with great breweries, would be fun to see what people are drinking, recommendations, maybe even beer exchanges.
Start a thread down in everything else

It does exist. Found it for ya. :)

• Haha
Reactions: SD
Back