• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 2022 Severe Thread

Not sure if any of you guys notice, but we seem to be following the calendar year 2011 and severe events to the day almost. Think about it: New Year's Outbreak, frigid/snowy January in the east, GHD snowstorm in the Midwest, balmy 2nd half of Feb. in the SE, severe season off to a busy start in March, first week of April being busy, and now next week's system falling on the week and almost to the day of the "forgotten" outbreak. I'm getting anxious what the rest of the spring will be...

Last edited:
Not sure if any of you guys notice, but we seem to be following the calendar year 2011 and severe events to the day almost. Think about it: New Year's Outbreak, frigid/snowy January in the east, GHD snowstorm in the Midwest, balmy 2nd half of Feb. in the SE, severe season off to a busy start in March, first week of April being busy, and now next week's system falling on the week and almost to the day of the "forgotten" outbreak. I'm getting anxious what the rest of the spring will be...

LOL….. as long as the forecasted events in Alabama are NOT on a Wednesday we are good. And especially if the 27th doesn’t fall on a Wednesday….OH wait….(in my best Mr. Bill voice….”oh no !!”)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't find the thread for newbs like me who have questions...that's why this is here. In the Severe Weather thread for 4-12...? there is a very recent post that says there is a 'strong tornado threat' later this evening for central AR. That is just one post amongst several in the discussion. There is a screenshot of one of the SPC maps I believe along with that that shows the area with a 10% Hatch.

I do not understand why 10% and the hatched area is considered 'Strong'? In my mind, if I wanted the public to really get concerned I would think it would be 90% or something much higher than 10%. Can someone explain how this works?

Thanks -

-Scott

I can't find the thread for newbs like me who have questions...that's why this is here. In the Severe Weather thread for 4-12...? there is a very recent post that says there is a 'strong tornado threat' later this evening for central AR. That is just one post amongst several in the discussion. There is a screenshot of one of the SPC maps I believe along with that that shows the area with a 10% Hatch.

I do not understand why 10% and the hatched area is considered 'Strong'? In my mind, if I wanted the public to really get concerned I would think it would be 90% or something much higher than 10%. Can someone explain how this works?

Thanks -

-Scott
Not sure if this answers your question, but it is a good place to start ... links with sub-topic info ...

Getting some action on the outflow boundary here in upstate SC. Hearing some thunder

Back