• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season thread

I know we’ve still got a ways to go in the season including the peak time coming up in a couple weeks, but I really am getting more convinced as I was a couple weeks ago that this just isn’t going to be a year with any true east coast landfall threats. These consistent troughs diving in as they’ve been all summer along with the fact that they’ll only get deeper as we go forward from here tells me that even if things get active out in the Atlantic it will be fish storms like we’re seeing with Danielle. I still think the area to watch as we go forward is gonna be the western Caribbean and the Gulf, and with these troughs the impact will be favored for the eastern Gulf coast.

Hey man its only a 3000 mile shift in one run!!
It's an interesting idea. The 0z euro sheared it to death but had the same general idea. If we keep a defined weak system there's not much to pull it north so it'll just limp west towards the Bahamas in time which may be troublesome if we have a closed low across the Ohio Valley

It's an interesting idea. The 0z euro sheared it to death but had the same general idea. If we keep a defined weak system there's not much to pull it north so it'll just limp west towards the Bahamas in time which may be troublesome if we have a closed low across the Ohio Valley
Would match early runs that had the further west tracks.

Lots of model support for areas to watch in the eastern Atlantic. May see some of the tropical entities get further west than Earl the week of the 19th.

Back