• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season thread

This wave at 35W might be the one to watch. I wouldn't be surprised to see the models pick up on it as it looks to be organizing while it pulls away from this weird east Atlantic Gyre/Blocky Pattern. In addition to the strong convection and vigorous mid-level spin, it does look like energy is coalescing around that area. It's breathing. https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/sat/satlooper.php?region=catl&product=ir

It looks like the Atlantic is starting to get interesting. I'm definitely staying up for the 00z suite tonight.

This wave at 35W might be the one to watch. I wouldn't be surprised to see the models pick up on it as it looks to be organizing while it pulls away from this weird east Atlantic Gyre/Blocky Pattern. In addition to the strong convection and vigorous mid-level spin, it does look like energy is coalescing around that area. It's breathing. https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/sat/satlooper.php?region=catl&product=ir

It looks like the Atlantic is starting to get interesting. I'm definitely staying up for the 00z suite tonight.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's an invest by noon tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's an invest by noon tomorrow.

If it continues to produce strong convection as it moves west and wrap those vorticities at varying levels, I wouldn't be surprised if the NHC mentions it tomorrow morning. It could just be shear and a mid-level spin playing some tricks, but it kind of looks like there's a pocket of low shear where the vorticities are attempting to merge.

a1c0c3dc-4b03-40b3-9374-a877eed4c74a.jpg

On Storm2K, a member just stated that their was an uptick in EPS members that showed this system developing between 12z and 18z. More members are trying to take this system W/NW away from the East Atlantic cluster-F###.

6833-BE76-2676-4-FA5-8653-320435-D2-B07-F.jpg
632-B9284-600-E-4-F45-BEA9-08-CF5-BC48-D30.jpg

This is 2 hours old, but it shows the strongest convection between Lower Level Vorticity. There does seem to be some coalescing of these voriticities at 850 and 925Mbs, but won't know for sure until 3z map comes out. That SW Lobe at 9N, 32W is the one we need to watch.

wg8vor5.gif

Last edited:
It was one of those nights where I only slept for 4 hours, because I'm super-excited about tracking a storm. Our Tropical Wave in the Central Atlantic has made substantial improvements overnight. Although the system still looks stretched, vorticity has become more stacked and vigorous from 500Mb to 925Mb. Vorticity Map clearly shows the SW area of the system taking control. https://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/windmain.php?&basin=atlantic&sat=wg8&prod=vor5&zoom=&time=

This systems has the potential to be a monster once it passes 40W. I'm not surprised the GFS and ECMWF, as well as increasing members of their ensembles, are both developing this system.
1946de49-2e97-4ebb-8845-d837d3fd0a7b.jpg

It was one of those nights where I only slept for 4 hours, because I'm super-excited about tracking a storm. Our Tropical Wave in the Central Atlantic has made substantial improvements overnight. Although the system still looks stretched, vorticity has become more stacked and vigorous from 500Mb to 925Mb. Vorticity Map clearly shows the SW area of the system taking control. https://tropic.ssec.wisc.edu/real-time/windmain.php?&basin=atlantic&sat=wg8&prod=vor5&zoom=&time=

This systems has the potential to be a monster once it passes 40W. I'm not surprised the GFS and ECMWF, as well as increasing members of their ensembles, are both developing this system.
View attachment 120956
The euro appears much more interesting.

I think if this holds on to the convection through dmin then it is gonna get an invest and a increase km probabilities from the NHC

I have it saved in a folder. LOL. I bet the Puerto Rico NWS Office is already concerned about that scenario. The EURO has a few Irma scenarios, but the GFS thinks it will be more like Maria.

View attachment 120960
They're paying attention that's for sure

Although ECMWF and GFS have some
discrepancies with the time of the arrival and the intensity of a
tropical cyclone, both guidances are now suggesting a tropical
cyclone near the region by the weekend.

Back