• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season thread

Yeah I get it. Weather is the weather, and not an exact science. And maybe September picks up big time. But so far this one's just an epic fail, not sure how you get around it. If you publish and make public a scientific meteorological prediction (and it's done every year mind you) and it turns out to be the exact opposite, like polar opposites of the forecast....well it's just a funny fail that's all. Like all the "you had one job" memes. I get a kick out of those. Long range forecasting is really just entertainment for every season and I'm not really sure why it's published and given to the public at all. Just my opinion.
Duly noted! Still early but could be a bust or a peak to late bloomer! I laugh at the social media posts that declare it’s over. We haven’t even hit peak season! Not that I’m not wishing a landfall as I’ve lived through a few and the aftermath sucks but something to track would be nice!

Want be much longer now. Blobs growing:

20222361640_GOES16-ABI-taw-13-1800x1080.jpg

Wait... To have 15 more storms from August 15 (probably not much starting before this date) to say October 15 (realistic end) we would need to have one storm FORM every 4 days to reach that number. Seems a tad high, and I doubt we see an 'O' storm.

I'm not saying the season is doomed and blah blah, but I am doubting it's THAT active.
We've not had a storm since, so i'm updating, we are now at the point we need to have more than 1 storm every 4 days to reach that target.

The GFS is all over the place with that day 10 storm... Today's runs yeah not so good
At this point I revert back to only caring about 144 hrs and under. It's clear the models are pretty inconsistent after that time so anything beyond that is just good to look at for fun.

Watching IR Loop, things are really starting to change. This wave in eastern Atlantic is really getting its act together more an more as we've been all noting , pointing out since yesterday. Ill be very surprised if this doesn't manage to get a circulation down to the surface and spin up into the next named storm here soon.

20222371540_GOES16-ABI-taw-13-1800x1080.jpg

two_atl_5d0.png

Last edited:
Back