• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season thread

The process has started. Weather charts show improving conditions across the basin with less wind shear and less dry air. The GFS and CFS have picked up on the increased activity for awhile now and the CMC and EURO have started to support the forecast. The area of storms over Colombia in northern South America develop into a named system on the operational GFS and CMC model runs. Also, the eastern Atlantic into Africa activity becomes a named storm on today’s CMC, EURO, and GFS runs.

Last edited:
Just going back to Andrew for a minute.... It does go to show you how fast things can flip out there though. 4 days later it would be one of the strongest hurricanes ever to hit the US(one of only three cat 5's)View attachment 120829
Yeah I still remember tracking that storm and thinking that it looked like it was just going to fizzle out, and as soon as shearing backed off on Friday, you could tell it was probably going to be a monster.

Do you think we could go all of August without a named storm ? I wonder if thats ever happened ?

1997 during a super El Nino is the only one in the last 50 years

Shrugs. I don't understand this season at all. It makes no sense

And right on cue the 0z GFS is much weaker

Last edited:
Imagine the media if this verified View attachment 120834
I think the only thing noteworthy of course is that the agreement for development is there and that we should see a named storm with the potential for there to be a strong hurricane. Path and details beyond that are not even worth the time

See if this sat loop will play. Id keep an eye on the sw moving spinner headed towards Bahamas. Other Gyre over near CV kinda of starting to pulse/flare. But theres really nothing to look at, latch onto. Wave coming across of Africa will move over water by mid week.

Last edited:
Back