• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022-23 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busts come in all shapes and sizes. I have family in Chicago, remember when they were getting 2 feet per modeling?

6z GFS

gfs_asnow_ncus_14.png

Damn wtf lol. Not much has changed either lol these mustangs nowadays still have lots of issues. I almost got a ecoboost Mustang instead of the veloster.
Glad you got the Veloster. I test drove the Ecoboost Stang and it felt too "Grand Touring" for me. It didnt feel any different than a Buick Park Ave. The Veloster feels like what a peppy sports car should feel like.

I think the Veloster, Civic Type R, Vw Golf Type R are cars that give you a great bang for the buck in performance and class.

Just a few years back you'd be spending big bucks on a Porsche to get that kind of sportiness.

One thing I find sort of interesting with this arctic front is rather than the usual where temps ahead of the front are often in the 60s and 70s, all across the southern plains and midsouth temps ahead of the front are in the 40s and 50s resulting in subfreezing temps in about one hour after the frontal passage.

So all the moisture in the S and Mid-Atlantic isn't going to amount to anything up N? Why is the Cold so intense but the precip isn't getting a charge too??? What a waste of artic air...

One thing I find sort of interesting with this arctic front is rather than the usual where temps ahead of the front are often in the 60s and 70s, all across the southern plains and midsouth temps ahead of the front are in the 40s and 50s resulting in subfreezing temps in about one hour after the frontal passage.
Right, I’m not used to us being this cool right before a strong arctic front such as this one sweeps through. Neither am I used to a CAD being in place prior either.

Right, I’m not used to us being this cool right before a strong arctic front such as this one sweeps through. Neither am I used to a CAD being in place prior either.
I can't believe I'll lose sleep tonight just to watch a cold front and possibly three snowflakes blow through town around 3 AM. Being retired does have its benefits lol.

you had me in the first half, not gonna lie.
Your posts made me want to go look at the model for longer ranges. January looks good. But February and March look awful, with the Aleutian ridge returning. Both the CFS and the CanSIPS show this. But who knows if they are right or not. I doubt it.

Your posts made me want to go look at the model for longer ranges. January looks good. But February and March look awful, with the Aleutian ridge returning. Both the CFS and the CanSIPS show this. But who knows if they are right or not. I doubt it.
I already assume February is a lost cause because la nina. January looks like it's gonna be pretty decent if the super LR models are to be trusted.

So I'm still hoping to see a little snow tomorrow by means of lake effect snow. I'm even hoping that with the very wet and relatively warm ground we could get some land effect snow. Years back (if I recall right) we had a situation where snow showers developed from the incoming cold air and wet ground. No models are showing this possibility and I haven't heard anybody forecast it; but It's something to look for from a weather hobbyist standpoint (...ok weennie).

I think Atlanta's only shot is a clipper on Monday night/Tuesday morning. If it can carry enough moisture and generate enough lift, we might, at best squeeze out an 1" of accumulation. That is the best case scenario and chances of it happening are very slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back