• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022-23 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm still hoping to see a little snow tomorrow by means of lake effect snow. I'm even hoping that with the very wet and relatively warm ground we could get some land effect snow. Years back (if I recall right) we had a situation where snow showers developed from the incoming cold air and wet ground. No models are showing this possibility and I haven't heard anybody forecast it; but It's something to look for from a weather hobbyist standpoint (...ok weennie).
Land effect snow... what a beautiful thing!! I have never heard of this nor have I ever imagined it was a possibility. That is the coolest thing EVER. Fo you know what areas of the world tend to experienceit most? Has it happened in the Southern US?? thanks for the boost!

Land effect snow... what a beautiful thing!! I have never heard of this nor have I ever imagined it was a possibility. That is the coolest thing EVER. Fo you know what areas of the world tend to experienceit most? Has it happened in the Southern US?? thanks for the boost!
We’ve had lake effect snows here in north Alabama before. I remember it happening at least 2 times in the past 30 years or so

Hey @Brent :

proxy-image

It sucks getting cold ? and no snow like what a waste of a pattern but I guess getting cold is better than nothing… but it’s definitely not fun having to work in it I’ve learned that from being in Montana for the past two years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back