• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2022-23 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked Rays weather for Sugar Mt NC. He has the actual temperature below 0 Sat morning with a high of 2. Snow squalls as well. I lived there on year. Its a different world. When the cold fronts come through, you know it. I saw 13 below there. Coldest I ever experienced.

Just checked Rays weather for Sugar Mt NC. He has the actual temperature below 0 Sat morning with a high of 2. Snow squalls as well. I lived there on year. Its a different world. When the cold fronts come through, you know it. I saw 13 below there. Coldest I ever experienced.
He has Beech Mountain at a low of -5F with a high of 2F. I believe that will be easily achieved.

Question, how does the HRRR do with wind, or even the 3k for that matter? I don’t see that discussed much, and while I know generally wind maps are overdone, I wondered if the short ranges were notably any better or worse?

Question, how does the HRRR do with wind, or even the 3k for that matter? I don’t see that discussed much, and while I know generally wind maps are overdone, I wondered if the short ranges were notably any better or worse?
Usually overdo wind gust but tbh in this scenario they won't be far off. Winds just a thousand or so feet off the ground are going to be ripping and it will not take much to mix that down.... wide spread 40-50 mph gust should be doable. Higher elevations could be rocking

Usually overdo wind gust but tbh in this scenario they won't be far off. Winds just a thousand or so feet off the ground are going to be ripping and it will not take much to mix that down.... wide spread 40-50 mph gust should be doable. Higher elevations could be rocking
Grandfather will probably be nearing or eclipsing 150

Well back from my weekend cabin get away; was a blast with the fam! I see the winter threats have all fizzled and the upcoming long range pattern is dire. At least we're getting some cool weather for Christmas! ?
Yea it looks meager in the long range. An epic cold blast that still doesn't rival the 80's for us. But for the younger generation it's epic but short lived. Hoping the pattern re loads for the 2nd week of January and sustains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back