• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of us uses numbers and pure stats the other anecdote. you do the math. Never in your life accuse me of that because again guess what I pull nothing but facts and you and I both know it . Capiche? Straight g? 100?

How many damn times have I brought up 30 year averages , counted years that fell below x ? How many times I done brought up mean maxes and mins ? Exactly . Never do I say anything but what’s the fact. That’s the fact !
None of that matters All that matters is the number of night time Lows in the 30s and 40s in the last 30 years.

None of that matters All that matters is the number of night time Lows in the 30s and 40s and the last 30 years.
You can expand more than 30 year averages as well as sometimes things fall out of that obviously . Point is though at that point it’s rare you can’t call it common. Or act like it’s normal for that matter

One of us uses numbers and pure stats the other anecdote. you do the math. Never in your life accuse me of that because again guess what I pull nothing but facts and you and I both know it . Capiche? Straight g? 100?

How many damn times have I brought up 30 year averages , counted years that fell below x ? How many times I done brought up mean maxes and mins ? Exactly . Never do I say anything but what’s the fact. That’s the fact !
Averages really don't mean much. How about you give us frequency and return period

Averages really don't mean much. How about you give us frequency and return period
I use return period as well! That’s not fair , the April low was a once in 20 ( 18 exact I think) year event roughly for example .

Reactions: SD
Another fun thought ! Daily averages are absolutely useless IMO, monthly averages are much more useful , and if you want more useful daily average perhaps add a range that encompasses the middle 60 percent of highs/lows. So everything from the bottom 20 percent and top 20 percent of highs / lows are what are truly abnormal perhaps

So frequency as you wanted @SD.

Another fun thought ! Daily averages are absolutely useless IMO, monthly averages are much more useful , and if you want more useful daily average perhaps add a range that encompasses the middle 60 percent of highs/lows. So everything from the bottom 20 percent and top 20 percent of highs / lows are what are truly abnormal perhaps

So frequency as you wanted @SD.
Now you are thinking. That's why I love the box and whisker plots from the eps so much

I mean it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'd love to see how many days per year we fall exactly on normal
I think you can find that on nowdata, for example I think almost exactly half if I remember off the top of my head ( too lazy rn to look lol) of highs fall at 50 in Jan on avg.

Wtf . Some girl on my snap posted her dad drove to freaking bracey Virginia to get her gas . Va has a higher outage rate than us and bracey is right off 85 . Man wasted gas for a huge risk and went the wrong direction . Shoulda went to South Carolina . He got it tho apparently , stupid tho wouldn’t he have wasted a ---- ton coming back lmao and wasted going up .smh

It’s online in NC at least partially . Please spread the ---- out of this so people are chill tomorrow and I can have fun. The part from the actual main pipeline itself in Greensboro that shoots down east to here was restarted under manual operation eastern nc is really low rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back