• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

2021 Banter Thread

BREAKING NEWS : The old Oakwood cafe on edenton coming into downtown is gone ! It’s a barbecue place called longleaf swine now! They had the cooker outside and piles of logs ! Yooooo they do it old school . Will Raleigh finally have a spot to compete with Down east areas ? @Shaggy ?my heart swelled when I saw the piles of wood outside and was like wooohhhh no way !

BREAKING NEWS : The old Oakwood cafe on edenton coming into downtown is gone ! It’s a barbecue place called longleaf swine now! They had the cooker outside and piles of logs ! Yooooo they do it old school . Will Raleigh finally have a spot to compete with Down east areas ? @Shaggy ?my heart swelled when I saw the piles of wood outside and was like wooohhhh no way !
Hmmmm reading reviews they good but they offer a mustard base sauce . What kind of mess is that . Also phone number starts with 910 which is south eastern nc. I m dubious unless it starts with the 252 !

Hey @superjames1992 idk I can come back round Durham no more . I done seen some concerning stuff out that way . Y’all a whole different species out that way man. Had some pizza from Tomato Jakes tho it won’t too bad .
LOL, I like Durham, but there’s definitely some fishy parts!!!

Hmmmm reading reviews they good but they offer a mustard base sauce . What kind of mess is that . Also phone number starts with 910 which is south eastern nc. I m dubious unless it starts with the 252 !

I'm biased but you will be hard pressed to find better BBQ than either Parkers or Sam Jones in NC.

Anyone using a mustard base sauce isnt making BBQ they making trash can fillers

Fun fact : zebulon is in between Wilson and Raleigh . I no longer claim to be a member of the triangle metro due to:

1. Eastern NC levels of impoverishment
2. Reliance on an agricultural economy
3. Flat terrain
4. Area code is split between 252 and 919
5. Most residents of the triangle have no clue about our existence , but most residents of Wilson and southern nash county are aware

6. I now claim allegiance to the Rocky Mount - Roanoke Rapids - Wilson micropolitan area just like @metwannabe

Fun fact : zebulon is in between Wilson and Raleigh . I no longer claim to be a member of the triangle metro due to:

1. Eastern NC levels of impoverishment
2. Reliance on an agricultural economy
3. Flat terrain
4. Area code is split between 252 and 919
5. Most residents of the triangle have no clue about our existence , but most residents of Wilson and southern nash county are aware

6. I now claim allegiance to the Rocky Mount - Roanoke Rapids - Wilson micropolitan area just like @metwannabe
If you can't beat'em, join'em.....welcome

It's invitation only now so you have to request access. I'll give you access shortly and you should see it appear in the everything else section
I want access to the BBW mancave! Please

Did something happen? Gas prices are skyrocketing!

Here’s a wild hog my buddy’s relatives got on their farm in middle of nowhere Georgia View attachment 63309

That's big it was it a true wild pig or a farm release that went wild? Pigs will quickly revert back to wild if they escape. May only take a few weeks to a month or so for one to regrow the hair and take on that wild hog look.

Did something happen? Gas prices are skyrocketing!
Todays price will be a bargain compared to what we will be paying 12 to 24 months down the road. The US leads the industrialized world with current co2 levels and also is the #1 energy supplier on earth. The latter want be the case before long. Get ready to saddle up the ole hoarse or shale out the soon to be shrinking disposable income.

I don't think I've ever seen freezing fog, but we have a chance of seeing some tomorrow morning.

Issued By
Atlanta - GA, US, National Weather Service
Affected Area
North Fulton County
Description
...PATCHY FREEZING FOG POSSIBLE OVER NORTH GEORGIA THIS MORNING... Light winds, residual low-level moisture and sub-freezing temperatures will allow for some areas of dense fog and freezing fog to develop reducing visibilities to less than 1 mile at times. Freezing fog is similar to freezing drizzle but with less ice accretion and accumulation. However, when dense freezing fog occurs long enough, it can make roads, and especially bridges, icy. This is also especially common near lakes and other moisture sources. Widespread icing of roads and bridges is not expected, however you should be prepared for icy spots, particularly if dense fog is encountered. If driving, slow down and increase the distance between you and the vehicle in front of you. The fog should lift quickly after 9 AM Wednesday morning with temperatures warming above freezing by 10 AM.

Back