Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Wtf . Buckhorn lake water levels are low , the shore line at my spot is like 10 feet back , there’s an island in the middle and sand bars extending out off shore . The island had grass growin on it ! Wtf. I’m joining the drought train now . HELP THERE IS DROUGHT @JHS @SD @smast16 @RainlessSnowless & Grumpy @all other drought weenies .

Talking about Buckhorn just outside of Wilson? I was going to head out there for crappie this morning and decided to sleep in. Sounds like I made a good call. I can't find a nice bass in that place to save my life, but I'm also not a freshwater guy, all salt. I do have a few nice spots for crappie now though at least. Being 10 min from my house, is nice to get out pretty easily.

Talking about Buckhorn just outside of Wilson? I was going to head out there for crappie this morning and decided to sleep in. Sounds like I made a good call. I can't find a nice bass in that place to save my life, but I'm also not a freshwater guy, all salt.
Yep! Water levels are low out there . The little road that is normally underwater by the boat landing is above and you can walk out pretty far .

Yep! Water levels are low out there . The little road that is normally underwater by the boat landing is above and you can walk out pretty far .

Dang, can you even get across the road bed that is in the branch straight across from the ramp? The one you have to split the buoys? Glad I didn't go, I don't know the place well enough and would prob ruin my lower unit quickly.

Dang, can you even get across the road bed that is in the branch straight across from the ramp? The one you have to split the buoys? Glad I didn't go, I don't know the place well enough and would prob ruin my lower unit quickly.
Yeah I didn’t realize buckhorn was shallow and filled with that much debris and land just below the surface ! It didn’t stop people though the parking lot was filled with trucks with boats . I don’t think it’s possible to get across that road bed though, I didn’t even realize how far out it went till I saw it yesterday exposed . I’ve never fished there in the daytime , always night . I saw some people catch some hefty catfish one night off the floating docks . I’ve caught an eel once but crappie mainly , some perch as well. Never did get a bass there .

Might have better luck on the moccasin creek where it widens before emptying in the lake , there’s a spot off Bissette road by the bridge where people pull off.

Reactions: Stump
Yeah I didn’t realize buckhorn was shallow and filled with that much debris and land just below the surface ! It didn’t stop people though the parking lot was filled with trucks with boats . I don’t think it’s possible to get across that road bed though, I didn’t even realize how far out it went till I saw it yesterday exposed . I’ve never fished there in the daytime , always night . I saw some people catch some hefty catfish one night off the floating docks . I’ve caught an eel once but crappie mainly , some perch as well. Never did get a bass there .

Might have better luck on the moccasin creek where it widens before emptying in the lake , there’s a spot off Bissette road by the bridge where people pull off.

Yep, lots of underwater debris everywhere, its a shallow lake to be honest everywhere. Check out the link below, when I first moved up here it helped me not lose a lower unit. There are still some big rocks that you have to watch out for.

There are some NICE crappie in this lake, and supposedly some large bass, I just cant find the bass. Caught a mess of 14+in crappie last year and this year kept a few to snack on.

Reactions: LickWx