• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Wow man thanks a ton I really appreciate the time you put in to give me that feedback! A couple things to note. There’s two monitors on either side but the one ahead of me was broken for the day so I only had the monitor behind me unfortunately so that’s why I was looking back so much I tried the best I could to remember what was on the screen but at the end of the day with the lights and camera on me sometimes you just blank lol.. hopefully by next time I’ll be able to look at the one in front of me which would help me see where I’m pointing and just be a little more fluid with everything.. I did have a tough time keeping my hands apart and moving them around so with every broadcast I’ll just have to try and focus on moving them more fluidly and try to make the movements more captivating. Yeah repeated words and phrases I also have to work on basically tags onto the whole stressing with the lights and camera on me lol just gotta get used to it more … really appreciate it man certainly my dream to go down this path
Yeah I figured there must have been a setup issue with the monitors or something. The things you describe are the common things that just take some attention and take time to master. The intangible thing is stage presence and seeming personable and affable. Greg Fishel was a master at that, while also appearing as extremely knowledgeable. He once told me that he never felt he did a good job with his presentation in terms of his movements and hand motions. He almost always stayed on one side of the picture.

Over time, incorporating some of the "why" behind what's going on and some of the science around why something may or may not happen will be of significant benefit. But you only have 2 1/2 to 3ish minutes or so to cram it all in. It's easy to say too much and speed yourself up, believe me.

Anyway, you have the intangible stuff and are going to be good. Just let me know when you get a job around here and give me a tour of the studio! ?

Raleigh's sprawl getting too close for your liking?
Yes. We will pay for it eventually . Property taxes gon have to go up up up up up up up . Growth paid for by more growth . wake county almost 10xed property taxes a couple years ago but opted out last minute …I hate suburbia , it birthed the cultural decay America is facing today… but that’s for the political thread ! :p

hope this works but here is my first forecast video for NC state.. let me know what y’all think .. definitely rough around the edges and a few word clusters but for my first time come on

Well I've got to be honest, for your first time doing that, job well done. Those little nuisances that detail infatuated @Rain Cold mentioned will come with time (he's like that Bahahaha) j/k RC

Seriously, I've done many presentations over the years (not in front of cameras like that, which I think would be more difficult) and I've seen many people struggle far worse than you on their first try. You looked pretty natural and it will definitely get better the more comfortable you get.

Your voice projection was better than I would have imagined haha and only thing I'd add to that is try not to let it fade out at end of sentences (you did that a few times and difficult for us old folks to hear). Oh and your tie was too short ?

Good job Nick

I’ve said it before …. unless Biden allows more people to pour in it’s going to be harder to maintain big growth rates . Not a fan of a generic cookie cutter world .

New builds here cost like 280k these days . And by new builds that cheap I’m talking about 40 minute drive from downtown Raleigh , almost an hour from RTP , in an area with a ------ school system no amenities 2 lane roads . The homes aren’t top tier quality either . Slab homes crammed together .

I’ve said it before …. unless Biden allows more people to pour in it’s going to be harder to maintain big growth rates . Not a fan of a generic cookie cutter world .

The growth here in the South is from folks moving out of California, Seattle, the NE and the Rust Belt. As long as the jobs keep getting created and the COL is lower than where they came from, that migration is not going to stop and might even accelerate.

The growth here in the South is from folks moving out of California, Seattle, the NE and the Rust Belt. That's not going to stop, and might even accelerate.
It slowed over the last decade for here , would think it would slow further with prices becoming more expensive here .

It slowed over the last decade for here , would think it would slow further with prices becoming more expensive here .

No sign of a slow down here in North Texas.

A ton of several thousand home developments have been proposed or are under construction, 30-40+ miles away from downtown Dallas. And that's before Rivian comes as being reported with its 7,500 jobs.

No sign of a slow down here in North Texas.

A ton of several thousand home developments have been proposed or are under construction, 30-40+ miles away from downtown Dallas. And that's before Rivian comes as being reported with its 7,500 jobs.
Texas is a beast and yes it’s raw growth has not slowed down one bit . Personally I had always hoped some of that growth to here would spread out more evenly to other states like Oklahoma or arkansas . Give us a break! I think it’s reasonable to posit that would likely be a future trend as well, Alabama is the state to watch IMO.

Texas is a beast and yes it’s raw growth has not slowed down one bit . Personally I had always hoped some of that growth to here would spread out more evenly to other states like Oklahoma or arkansas . Give us a break! I think it’s reasonable to posit that would likely be a future trend as well, Alabama is the state to watch IMO.

It's anecdotal, but since the COVID lockdowns, the unofficial stats I've seen have shown a ton of migration to Alabama.

It's their low property taxes (2nd lowest in the country) that's the biggest draw.

Back