• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Texas is a beast and yes it’s raw growth has not slowed down one bit . Personally I had always hoped some of that growth to here would spread out more evenly to other states like Oklahoma or arkansas . Give us a break! I think it’s reasonable to posit that would likely be a future trend as well, Alabama is the state to watch IMO.
Tell me what's going on in Alabama?

Alabama is highly underrated . I think what’s holding them back is some of their cities are dysfunctional ( Birmingham ) from my understanding . I think Birmingham lost population again actually . Huntsville for example though has lots of potential , reminds me of RTP. Big engineering school and manufacturing base there . Space center as well. One of my friends went to school in Huntsville .
Birmingham has just as wealthy suburbs as Atlanta but no one ever thinks about that.

Yeah I have no good news if your looking for bargains. The interest our area is getting from the National Developers & Companies is pretty impressive. I'm locked in with my company because of a non compete clause so I've been looking too. I've made the decision to think more long term and purchase land elsewhere but within about a 3 hour driving distance. Have a few tracts now and one will eventually be a retirement house/rental. I just dont want to drop 600k on a place around here that seems irresponsible.
With people working remotely your not going to be alone . Sprawl will no longer be confined to only metropolitan counties. Blows massively for anyone who likes nature .

But seriously if you guys want to get more camera time lmk. I'm working on figuring out what images we can use and if we are considered for profit. Id like to be able to get out daily/weekly videos
Can we do a lickwx report segment ! :p I’ll report weather + weird Florida man type happenings .

As we enter the 2nd peak of October, IMO Carolinas really need to watch the CAT 5 hitting Mexico and most importantly when it hits the Gulf of Mexico. It’s October and it will get sling shotted n/e in a favorable position to bring flooding/tornadoes across the mtns-east. Not going by the models, trying to forecast with my bare hands.

As we enter the 2nd peak of October, IMO Carolinas really need to watch the CAT 5 hitting Mexico and most importantly when it hits the Gulf of Mexico. It’s October and it will get sling shotted n/e in a favorable position to bring flooding/tornadoes across the mtns-east. Not going by the models, trying to forecast with my bare hands.
Jesus. That is terrifying.

Jesus. That is terrifying.
The most recent GFS run is sorta there, pops a 1004mb low on the Texas coast then sling shots buckets of warm tropical rains into the NC mtns from the gulf. If it doesn’t stall on the Texas coast it would have been stronger…possibly a hurricane in the gulf.

Back