• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Can't really trust the models too much until you get within 3 days.
To be honest, I believe weatherfide and others will see ice from this storm. Over the next couple of runs, I can see the wedge coming in stronger and trend colder for the Atlanta metro.

Right now NWS grid has me with "Heavy Snow" for Sat night and Sunday and TWC shows me with 9-14 inches for total. Guess that will all be changing soon to ICE Storm....?

Would love to chase in WNC, but even if I had the ability to go if I wanted to, I have no experience driving in the mountains in ice/snow.

Welp.

Gonna be beautiful up there, I'm sure.

To be honest, I believe weatherfide and others will see ice from this storm. Over the next couple of runs, I can see the wedge coming in stronger and trend colder for the Atlanta metro.
I would disagree. It's going to be difficult to get below freezing further southwest than Buford, GA. Solid 40's and rain for me. Just not enough cold and dry air to the northeast and what is there is too far away.

View attachment 104446Hahaha. I want what TWC is smoking. It keeps going up.
I've got 3 to 5 from them twice which is 6 to 10, while dawsonville has a 5 to 8 and 3 to 5 to total 8 to 13. However you go up to clayton and their combined seems to be 10 to 16 from this morning. Not sure if that just updated or not but if it did I wonder if I've got the same since I'm seeing the same.

From GSP this morning:

the operational
model runs appear warmer than most of the ensemble members, so much
of the QPF could still fall as snow. An ensemble approach has been
adopted for weekend profiles, which leads to more snow in the
forecast than might be indicated on operational model profiles. The
mixed ptype belt should especially impact locations southeast of I-
85, but with a changeover back to snow likely occurring from the
west throughout on Sunday night as the system pulls away to the
northeast. Scattered upslope snow showers should persist along the
TN border counties through Sunday night, and possibly well into
Monday, further enhanching snow amounts there. We are still a bit