• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

For anyone questioning my pessimism at times this is why. Any sense of happiness from winter weather has been killed a long time ago. I’m not writing off this storm for me or others, but it’s certainly trended away from being a historic snowstorm. How in the fu*# did we manage to screw it up this badly? Literally we were working with some of the coldest temps we’ve seen in some time.

For anyone questioning my pessimism at times this is why. Any sense of happiness from winter weather has been killed a long time ago. I’m not writing off this storm for me or others, but it’s certainly trended away from being a historic snowstorm. How in the fu*# did we manage to screw it up this badly? Literally we were working with some of the coldest temps we’ve seen in some time.
It’s climo bro

I dont know where people get all this optimism from with this one. We have lost the whole look everyone was excited about. You know there will be that one decent run that will suck people in even further too. Can't post this is the main thread though all OPs are wrong apparently.
ecmwf_mslpa_us_fh120_trend.gif

gfs_mslpa_us_fh114_trend.gif

Yup, shiiii I’ll take any anything wintry atp mixed or not. thank god this is what we’re staring at for the next 2 weeks, there’s probably gonna be more that pops up, only problem is blocking so timing things will have to be better then normal View attachment 104306View attachment 104307View attachment 104308

We're going to need a block like you said, or a pure STJ southern slider to keep it south of us in that pattern I think. Can't trust a 50/50 low anymore by itself.

For this storm, I have no expectations anymore. Models have been so bad leading up to this, I wouldn't be surprised if it straight up becomes an app runner and we all rain.

We're going to need a block like you said, or a pure STJ southern slider to keep it south of us in that pattern I think. Can't trust a 50/50 low anymore by itself.

For this storm, I have no expectations anymore. Models have been so bad leading up to this, I wouldn't be surprised if it straight up becomes an app runner and we all rain.
We’re not escaping a ice storm man, those sfc temps are cold

Rule #2 don't cheer on amplification outside of the 24-36 hour window. It's coming in most instances

I said that the other day too...there's a reason we haven't seen an 8"+ event in 20 years. We need weak strung out messes that give us .3" of precip so we can get 2-3" of snow. That's our cap...anything over that these systems just jump NW.

Back