• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

What in house model is WRAL in RAH using? They have the LP going west to east off the coast and barely bringing any precipitation inland except some light snow for far eastern NC, and the bulk of the precip is off the coast. Totally goes against the grain of what we are seeing with the major models.
Jma apparently

What in house model is WRAL in RAH using? They have the LP going west to east off the coast and barely bringing any precipitation inland except some light snow for far eastern NC, and the bulk of the precip is off the coast. Totally goes against the grain of what we are seeing with the major models.
I have no idea, but they've always been crazy conservative on anything wintry, or at least since I've lived here. Even more so than RAH, and that's saying something.

I often wonder if they just pick the least wintry solution and go with it--regardless of any other reasoning. (which unfortunately is often right)

I am curious as to what their in house model is. Probably a blend?

All hail the Icosahedral Nonhydrostatic

icon_asnow_seus_41.png

ICON looks wonky. I could be wrong but it seems like it’s not capturing dynamic cooling. Also the system looked slower on this run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back