• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Why not, we got more than you in March 1993.
And 2017...

Snowfall%20Totals%20Map%20-%2072%20hrs.png

View attachment 103901
Decided to make my first probability map about SEEING snowfall. Not a accumulation map by no means. Just how confident I feel that we will get some accumulating snow. Pretty easy, if you're in the western NC mountains you're probably almost guaranteed to see accumulating snow at this point. I don't want to go higher than 60% since we are at day 5 but definitely feel it is very likely at this point. Along and north of 85 I think will see accumulations but I don't want to go above 40% right now. Definitely probably going to switch to sleet and ZR at some point while finishing with snow. Could easily get a really good swatch of 2-6" before a changeover to ice and then another changeover back to snow for a few more inches in this region. The next 2 regions I think we could see some front end and backend thumping snow but I am really worried more about the ice potential here.
Wanna make one for for Alabama and Tennessee.

Damn they got two ? We just have rednecks that attach sheets of steel to the front of their F-250s and start pushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think I remember during the snowjam 2 in ‘14, it was brought up that they only had two, when everyone was bitching about being stuck on the roads forever!

Damn they got two ? We just have rednecks that attach sheets of steel to the front of their F-250s and start pushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And to your point, there’s a lot of plows on everyday trucks here! Everybody wants to plow snow! You see diy plows here, like you see grass cutting trailers down there!?

So a certain met on a discord server I'm in believes this thing is gonna cut west of the apps with a secondary low forming. The dude is from Michigan so I'm hoping it's just him wishcasting lol

We aren't even in the same realm as KATL. We had 2-3" in February of 2020, .5" last year, and a dusting a couple of weeks ago.

There's a huge climatological split in the ATL area....the northern suburbs can expect to see measurable snow nearly every year. The southern suburbs these days might get lucky every 2-3 years.

So a certain met on a discord server I'm in believes this thing is gonna cut west of the apps with a secondary low forming. The dude is from Michigan so I'm hoping it's just him wishcasting lol
No way this cuts that far. It needs a SER and would have to make the sharpest atmospheric turn ever to accomplish that.

Back