• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Why is it we always trend away from snow?

It's ok, DC rains so we're good. lol. Nah, too early to give up. My guess the euro amps a bit today and gfs flattens a bit and it meets in the middle eventaully. Probably not the best for everybody but I bet everybody in NC gets in the game for something. Could be wrong but that's my gut at the moment.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_23.png

Even the usually cold biased CMC model has the Midlands with low 30s/mid 30s with Ice/cold rain. Just 12 Hours,the CMC had a major snowstorm for us. At this point,this looks like ether a very cold rain event or a Ice event when considering the trends. Congrats to the Upstate SC/West Pidemount areas of NC , Mountains and the Mid Atlantic States. The Models are looking quite good for those areas.

Even the usually cold biased CMC model has the Midlands with low 30s/mid 30s with Ice/cold rain. Just 12 Hours,the CMC had a major snowstorm for us. At this point,this looks like ether a very cold rain event or a Ice event when considering the trends. Congrats to the Upstate SC/West Pidemount areas of NC , Mountains and the Mid Atlantic States. The Models are looking quite good for those areas.

Canadian is just about as bad as the ICON IMO. 4-5 days before this event. Ridiculous amount of time for this to go very good or very bad for everybody. Seriously, it's a long way out. This may be a Boston storm, or it may be flurries.

what's that saying? the get the heaviest snows you gotta be close enough to smell the 1.5" crippling ice storm

Back