• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

No, no I am not ok. I used to be the biggest snow weenie when I was a kid. I would get anxiety attacks start of each winter " will this be the winter where I see no snow"? I would get up 4 am to see it snow, play all day. I was a freak. Then one day I was crushed, it was 11-12. I gave up and became a warm weenie. Then this storm, I felt something, a joy, a desire that had long been gone. 10 years gone. Its all yalls fault for dragging me into this! I was happy! Now look. You broke my heart storm 5!

This is your safe place let it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd think a glorified clipper would be. Very odd to think it takes such a southern route. Just keep watching. I guess that's what's great, loaded pattern so the winter doesn't end with this one.
Why is it we always trend away from snow?

Well, on to the next storm I guess. That GFS run was a heartbreaker for sure. It's still early in the game but the momentum has definitely shifted towards our usual winter storm scenario for anything south and east of RDU these days, some possible winter precipitation at the onset, a torrential rain storm for several hours and then some token flakes at the end. If the next Euro run shifts inline with the GFS/GEFS/ICON/CMC that might be the deal breaker as far as this winter storm is concerned.

Last edited:
the gefs has pretty much all of 85 north in the carolinas with a 10-20%+ chance of a foot of snow lmao

The dreaded bullseye...dam
Oconee ranges from 14"-20"+ beautiful soundings for 21hrs straight. I'd gladly take half

Any recommendations on where to stay in mountains for this? Prefer air bnb and something close to main road so roads are plowed.

Edit - Somewhere near tubing for kids also.

I don't buy that it's going to be that amped.

gfs_z500_vort_seus_22.png

540 two contoured ULL going right over Atlanta should still be heavy snow for the northern third of GA....definitely a deformation band in there.

Any recommendations on where to stay in mountains for this? Prefer air bnb and something close to main road so roads are plowed.

Edit - Somewhere near tubing for kids also.
Places near ski areas will get plowed as quick as they can, cuz that’s where the money’s at

Back