• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Raleigh was near 20-24 degrees for most of the event .. backside snow got us up to 30 or so but if we had a beginning thump of snow then sleet and freezing rain at 22 degrees followed by backside snow at 10:1 ratios … we would have ice skating rinks and not roads
Even though this is 10days out so lots still to consider, as currently forecast you and I have no northwest trend wiggle room. :)

This was clearly a trend my guy View attachment 102719and its not flopping, im just showing what models show, as many do in here but since I’m “flopping” I’ll simply just stop posting models in here and stop analyzing them
Yessir it was a trend. Don’t stop brother your analysis is greatly appreciated.

gfs-deterministic-carolinas-total_snow_kuchera-2809600-png.102720

If that happens and I only get 6-7 inches I'm going to ask for a refund! ⛄

Wasn't much of a "weenie" run for me. :rolleyes: Of course, the models know where the rain/snow line is.

View attachment 102722
The only thing you going to be januworrying about in this look is your power staying on cause I’m sure if you didn’t get the snow you got all the ice !!

Ahhh, another proud member of the Johnston/Wake rain/snow line! We can suffer together.
Being smack dab in the middle in Raleigh is great there’s always a wake snow line either going north to south or East to west or NW to SE or one of those orientations … we’re in the middle of the gradient so it’s never great but it’s never bad either usually

Back