• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

The upstate may not see snow tomorrow night but it's suppose to be Rain with lows in the 20s tomorrow night?? That could wreak havoc Friday morning.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

What do you North Carolinians call the area northwest of the triad area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I consider all those Piedmont myself. Burlington down to Pittsboro I consider eastern Piedmont.

Is this pretty accurate? I found it on a Google search.
07e11c3053d3a285576c55a245da8d64.jpg

I kinda like this since it shows the fall line.physical_regionsmap.gif
I think Pack's answer of N Foothills is most accurate for areas NW of the Triad.

BTW, it's hard to find a good map that shows the NC foothills. And even when you do, it's not consistently defined and can change from map to map as people have different opinions.

Is this pretty accurate? I found it on a Google search.
07e11c3053d3a285576c55a245da8d64.jpg

I mean it's a start, but personally I think it's too many regions. It's like they can't decide if they're defining physical or cultural regions.

I think Metrolina is a recent term that some around there are pushing, but I've never heard it used in normal conversation like Triangle or Triad. I just say Charlotte Metro.

I mean it's a start, but personally I think it's too many regions. It's like they can't decide if they're defining physical or cultural regions.

I think Metrolina is a recent term that some around there are pushing, but I've never heard it used in normal conversation like Triangle or Triad. I just say Charlotte Metro.
I didn't know I was in the inner banks

Back